Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Paying online
« on: June 09, 2019, 08:40:37 am »
Is it just me who is getting peeved off with people wanting to pay on line then not doing it,....... "we will do it this evening" or "we’ll do it straight away" then I check my account the next day and it not paid.

And they look at me with disgust if I suggest I hand them my debit card and they do it while I wait,

I’m gong to start telling people is old fashioned cheques or cash only
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

hotsteam

Re: Paying online
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 08:59:31 am »
yes they are very annoying, I use to add say £50 to the quote and say if the invoice is paid within 7 days it would be deducted !

People are quicker to pay if they can save money   ::)roll

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:28:45 am »
Quick update.....

just been out to collect a payment that prompted my to start this post , he was not happy I got him out of bed on a Sunday morning I told him I was not happy I had to call on a Sunday morning because he didn’t do as he promised
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 01:52:25 pm »
Its happening more and more.
They say they will pay and then nothing happens until I send a text asking if they have paid and is there something wrong with my Internet Banking as nothing is showing.
What annoys me I that it can now be done on a phone in seconds.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 08:20:15 pm »
Had it a few times now I’ve taken to standing there waiting for it to happen, most of my customers still like to pay by cheque my average customer are well into their 60’s but the ones that defer payment are at least 20 years younger.

Ned Kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 09:26:25 pm »
Had a student yesterday(yes I do work Sundays sometimes 😂) asking if she could do a bank transfer for an end of tenancy clean even after I told her I don't offer this facility for eot cleaning when I quoted the job. Stood and waited while her and her three flatmates had a whip round 😂

JandS

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 09:19:05 am »
For the carpet cleaning it's very rare I get anything other than cash......with the window cleaning though a lot pay online and yes some do take the p......I find texting the ones who owe for the previous week on Monday nights soon jars their memory.....some of them are even apologetic at forgetting.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dan paton

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 10:17:13 pm »
Cash or card on the day. They don't get any other option.  With the exception of window cleaning customers on go cardless.