This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: Pressure washing van setup
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 11:26:44 pm »
My Gx390 21Lpm is more than enough power for domestics..
As Darren has mentioned not many properties have enough pressure to keep up, I get excellent results with my machine and cant see me getting anything more powerful just no point.

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 10:46:42 am »
Van 1 - single man set up - 600 Ltr tank - Hot box loaded through side door

Van 2 - 2 man set up with 1000 Ltr P/W tank - 300 Ltr pure water tank

all reels have 60 meters of hose as standard

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tom-01

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 12:42:08 pm »
Thanks Smudger, nice setup 👍

Did you put it together yourself?

Do you often have two operators working at once?

Do you think this system with a GX390 would be good enough?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Van-Pack-Drain-Jetter-3000-PSI-42-LPM-27-HP-Petrol-Engine-/293057513021

Thanks again everyone for your replies, all very helpful 👍

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 05:37:01 pm »
yes I bolted it all together - took about a day - wait until you see the new set up  ;D

The GX390 is fine - the Hondas I had/have are between 4 and 7 years old - and never let me down, the engines on some are now showing some signs of wear ( been running at least 4 days a week on average 8 to 10 hours a day ) so new machines are these
https://www.acpressurewashers.co.uk/product/ac21-static/. - cheap enough if they last 2 years I will throw away and get new - as long as they stay reliable

depends on the time of year - we do something like 400 static holiday caravans - this is all 2 man stuff - the rest of the year is split 60/40 for 2-man work

that letter is no more powerful than a Honda 390 - it's still 200 BAR so will not remove dirt quicker or giver a deeper clean  - not that a 390 doesn't clean to perfection - what it does do is move loose debris quicker - so if you have a large heavy mossed area it will move the slurry quicker over a few more yards before you need to shovel it up

Jetters are designed for drains where flow is critical to clearing drains - not surface cleaning

always happy to help

also I would advise the fitting of quick releases to the lance - much quicker change over from turbo nozzle to 15 degree or a Hi/Low nozzle

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 03:37:06 pm »
I use a Loncin g420 (I think it’s a g420) 21plm machine.

It’s belt driven, and bought from JetMac 3 years ago. It only gets used on average maybe two to three times a month (more in the summer perhaps) and hasn’t ever missed a beat, never not been ‘powerful enough’ .

In fact, I find 21lpm to be too fast for most domestic water supplies to keep up with. I have a massive water butt and almost always have to wait for it to fill up as I’m going.

So if your only using it a few times a month, then try a jetmac machine to start off with, but I do agree Ben provides more reliable machines. I’ve Just never had a problem with my Loncin, when I do, I’ll be on the phone to Ben. I’ve got one of his softwash machines which is brilliant.

Tom-01

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 09:31:41 pm »
I use a Loncin g420 (I think it’s a g420) 21plm machine.

It’s belt driven, and bought from JetMac 3 years ago. It only gets used on average maybe two to three times a month (more in the summer perhaps) and hasn’t ever missed a beat, never not been ‘powerful enough’ .

In fact, I find 21lpm to be too fast for most domestic water supplies to keep up with. I have a massive water butt and almost always have to wait for it to fill up as I’m going.

So if your only using it a few times a month, then try a jetmac machine to start off with, but I do agree Ben provides more reliable machines. I’ve Just never had a problem with my Loncin, when I do, I’ll be on the phone to Ben. I’ve got one of his softwash machines which is brilliant.

Zesty, thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

I’ve had a Honda GX390 for about 6/7 years, done a lot of work with it and it’s been a great machine.

I’m just about to order a soft wash machine from Rutland Pumps. Which one did you go for and why do you rate it?

Thanks
Tom

zesty

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2019, 07:07:19 pm »
Hi tom,

I have a RollTek RT3, though mine is on a small trolley because Ben made mine up before he started selling them publicly. (I drove down to see him on a pre arranged day)

It is fantastic for domestic and commercial use. Light weight, quiet, runs off low revs easily.

The trolley is corroding a bit, but that’s because it’s had hypo mix all over it at times.

It’s a bit kore expensive now than what I paid, but well worth it. The roller pump means you can put anything through it, any mix regardless of strength.

It isn’t always the best for rinsing. I do you use it to rinse, but I prefer to use my pressure washer with a sniper nozzle for rinsing when doing larger jobs. Just because it’s so much quicker.

Have a look on bens website mate, and give him a ring if you aren’t sure on anything, he’s really helpful and honest.

Tom-01

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2019, 03:36:19 pm »
Hi tom,

I have a RollTek RT3, though mine is on a small trolley because Ben made mine up before he started selling them publicly. (I drove down to see him on a pre arranged day)

It is fantastic for domestic and commercial use. Light weight, quiet, runs off low revs easily.

The trolley is corroding a bit, but that’s because it’s had hypo mix all over it at times.

It’s a bit kore expensive now than what I paid, but well worth it. The roller pump means you can put anything through it, any mix regardless of strength.

It isn’t always the best for rinsing. I do you use it to rinse, but I prefer to use my pressure washer with a sniper nozzle for rinsing when doing larger jobs. Just because it’s so much quicker.

Have a look on bens website mate, and give him a ring if you aren’t sure on anything, he’s really helpful and honest.

Thanks Zesty!

I went up to Rutland Pumps yesterday and picked up my 150ltr Rolltek bowser and other bits and bobs. Very helpful. Will be using it for the first time on Monday and then another big job two weeks after so already paid for itself and more. I've been doing softwashing out of a backpack which has worked ok, but just takes ages and is a faff.

Thanks
Tom

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2019, 09:34:57 pm »

1500 litre main water tank.
350 litre pure water tank (just purchased - frame to be installed).
200 metre 3/4 inch fill hose.
100 metre WFP hose & reel.
Cox reel 100 metres.
ICM Contractor - 41LPM @ 3000psi.

Chemical cleaning set up being fitted this weekend.

Above the tank and side door entry - changing area and overnight bunk & or additional storage.

As job requires, cones, signage, FSC, hydrant riser etc

The red & black leads go to an invertor in the bunk area, to charge my phone or other electricals (whilst working).

'Loadsa room'

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 09:40:42 pm »
There's an upgrade on the rear springs, an extra leaf on each side.

I've driven this van home from some distance jobs thinking there's only 100 litres of water in it, got home and it was more like 1000 litres.

Drives like a dream, even full.

Machine is 300 kilos, I'd say fill hose is another 120 kilos, Coxreel when full is probably 80 kilos, plus I might take another 300 metres of hose.

zesty

Re: Pressure washing van setup New
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2019, 08:37:18 pm »
Hi tom,

Thanks Zesty!

I went up to Rutland Pumps yesterday and picked up my 150ltr Rolltek bowser and other bits and bobs. Very helpful. Will be using it for the first time on Monday and then another big job two weeks after so already paid for itself and more. I've been doing softwashing out of a backpack which has worked ok, but just takes ages and is a faff.

Thanks
Tom

Nice one one Tom! Enjoy it!

Funnily enough, there is a place for backpacks though, I use my backpack in conjunction with an old carbon pole with a single 50 degree fan jet fitted to the pole hose. Works great for small little jobs!

The Softwash machine will be like night and day for bigger jobs though, keep us posted on how you get on!

I’m a bit jealous of your bowser version, I haven’t got the bowser, so use a small water butt for the softwash mix.