Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

Doombar!
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:10:39 pm »
customer spilt Doombar on 16yr old wool loop off white carpet and cleaned it with a vax...2 months later called me..I extracted using after Prochem Gold prespray, called back, slioghtly better but still ther. Also same carpet in bedroom had a radiater leak, I tried debrowner and then SodMeth...no better. Apart from running away, any suggestions.  Part of reason for attempting agaain is that its local, and the customer is happy for me to try anything as she is covering up the stains with towels cuz she cant stand them, yet dosent want to replace all the carpet. Thanks Simon

john martin

Re: Doombar!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:14:40 pm »
Try and get it white  ...    i use hair bleach  ,  if you can use a hairsalon supply shop ... get some white bleach powder ... and a liter of 40vol developer  ...  mix the two ....add a bit of water as desired  to make it runnier .
If you cant get that  , boots will have a small similar kit , just get the extra platinium xxx 7 factor whatever , (ask for the strongest one )

spread it on a test patch ... it might go white while your there ... if its gradual ... put it on in the morning and call back later .

Ok there is probably a peroxide carpet cleaning product ,dye gone etc ...  but the hair bleach is good stuff .

When you have it white  ...     get a small jar of black acid dye off ebay ( look for acid wool and feather dye )   fill a small mist spray bottle with warm water and  dash of vinegar .   add a minute bit of dye powder til the water is transparent grey .
mist spray the dye over the white carpet patch ...  extrat with a hand tool after ... repeat several times til the white patch is slightly grey and blends more with original off white carpet colour .

edward coller

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:58:52 pm »
Thanks for you reply John and the detail too, which is helpful. Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »
John,

Could you put links on for these products?

I know it’s a chore but it’s good learning.

Thanks

john martin

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 10:03:55 pm »
no problem  , like i said there is probably dye gone etc  ...  but im used to my hair product for bleaching , great for mattresses too

The bleach powder ...  get the blue container ( white powder )
https://www.coolblades.co.uk/schwarzkopf-igora-vario-bleach.html

mix with developer 50/50 ...can add water  ... select the 12% 40vol one
https://www.coolblades.co.uk/hair-colour/peroxide-developer/welloxon-perfect-peroxide.html

wool dye ...   select black   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-In-One-Acid-Dyes-Large-50g-23-Colours-For-Wool-Silk-Feathers-Nylon/231153522434?hash=item35d1d2d702:m:m1V1oZYk41BvpT2JH75p8hg

derikraven

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 06:21:52 pm »
what's "doombar"

homenclean

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 06:51:29 pm »
BEER