This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: Rinse bar technique video.
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 09:00:03 pm »
You don't need to 'hold off for the rinse'.

Rinse on; you'll be reet.

Was all rinsed on, until it got below waist height, then its more awkward than its worth trying to rinse on. Easier just to hold off at that point.
I wouldn't be rinsing on at all...rinse off it doesn't take a lot of effort at all and does a better job.

Rinsing off can take a lot of effort in certain, fairly common circumstances. When done repeatedly can take its toll over the day.
err no it doesn't  :D Not unless your a complete fairy.

Over 40ft then yes I could understand.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 09:15:20 pm »
Tried rinse bars.

Good on first floor upwards but on ground floor they are worse.

Reason being you have to work vertically which is just awkward on downstairs.

Overall they are ok but no faster than pencils.

Plus my Gardiner's rinse bar split after a couple of months, I think Nathan had a video where his split so not worth the £30 imo

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 09:37:54 pm »
Is there actually any point to a rinse bar? Personally I can't think of anything worse than having water spraying above the top bristle line- it's going to do more harm than good in many circumstances IMO!!
The OP would be much better investing his efforts into a swivel- something that really does make a considerable difference. 👍
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 09:55:39 pm »
Yep, mine came delivered, slightly split. I'm sure Alex would have exchanged it for me, but I personally couldn't be bothered to send it back and wait for a replacement.  A dab of glue sorted it for me.

I do love the rinse bar and feel it speeds up a job, especially if like me, they are 4wkly maintenance jobs. Yet saying that, combined with Hot water it makes light work of first cleans as well. Although, a lot is said for the type of brush you use as well.

Downstairs work, doesn't pose any problems for me using the rinse bar. Yes the brush is vertical, but if you stand to the side and use your pole slightly horizontal and work side to side compared to vertical and up n down (as I've seen some do so), it makes light work of it.

Flip side though, as much as the rinse bar is very good. I do much prefer my 14"  brush with 6 quick lock jets in.  Also rinsing on, with either option as the flow of water is dense and the rinse becomes part ofthe agitation as well. Saves plenty of time, instead of two passes agitating and several passes to convince yourselves that the glass is thoroughly rinsed
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 11:56:13 pm »
A man walks into a rinse bar..........
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 12:16:20 pm »
Tried rinse bars.

Good on first floor upwards but on ground floor they are worse.

Reason being you have to work vertically which is just awkward on downstairs.

Overall they are ok but no faster than pencils.

Plus my Gardiner's rinse bar split after a couple of months, I think Nathan had a video where his split so not worth the £30 imo

Hi Gomo

We have had the odd one split on clients - Did we sort this for you?

If you haven't contacted us about this yet then please fill in our online warranty form and we can look at getting this replaced for you.

If you bought it from one of our Distributors then please contact them and they can start the warranty replacement process for you  :)

JandS

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 01:30:11 pm »
How long is the warranty Alex.....mine now has 2 slight splits.....doesn't really effect the use as it spurts out the split on the initial pull on the univalve with build up of pressure but then disappears.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

jonny thompson

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 01:44:40 pm »
I contacted Gardner’s on Wednesday about both mine splitting and 2 new ones have already arrived, great customer service,I wouldn’t work without one now

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2019, 02:48:26 pm »
Is there actually any point to a rinse bar? Personally I can't think of anything worse than having water spraying above the top bristle line- it's going to do more harm than good in many circumstances IMO!!
The OP would be much better investing his efforts into a swivel- something that really does make a considerable difference. 👍

I suspect a rinse bar serves a similar purpose to these.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 04:07:41 pm »
How long is the warranty Alex.....mine now has 2 slight splits.....doesn't really effect the use as it spurts out the split on the initial pull on the univalve with build up of pressure but then disappears.

These units have a 6 Month Manufacturing Defect Warranty  :)

If it is just a slight split then a quick dab of Superglue will probably cure it if needed.

Spotfree

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 06:50:28 pm »

Poor Dryclean, your inferiority complex is weighing down heavily upon you. So much so you're having to visit forums and bring others down to a level that makes you feel more comfortable. Bless...

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:13 pm »
He's been doing it for years. At least a decade. He used to come on here as Ewan and stir up nothing but trouble then. He's gone through various metamorphosis since but his modus operandi is always the same.

Spotfree

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 09:37:41 pm »
It's a sad thing, coming here to stand on the shoulders of others to lift himself up isn't the answer for his issues.

I wonder how many other forums he's turning to, Dryclean, have you ever tried talking to someone?

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 10:18:41 pm »
He talks to himself often.

Dry Clean

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2019, 08:02:30 am »

Poor Dryclean, your inferiority complex is weighing down heavily upon you. So much so you're having to visit forums and bring others down to a level that makes you feel more comfortable. Bless...

All a rinse bar does is give you and other users of them the confidence to go quicker so the above is a perfect comparison.

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 09:27:31 am »
He's been doing it for years. At least a decade. He used to come on here as Ewan and stir up nothing but trouble then. He's gone through various metamorphosis since but his modus operandi is always the same.

I told you before Iv never been on here as Ewan so please stop lying to other forum members or I will make a complaint, I called you arrogant about 4 years ago, for gods sake get over it, grow up and move on.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 10:57:27 am »
Ewan turned out to be the guy who made and sold the aerial brushes. He got exposed then came back as Alex.- that's Alex with a full stop after it. After a second exposure he then retired from the forum. Not sure what happened to the aerial brushes, don't even know if they are still going. His biggest problem was himself-he couldn't and didn't take advice. If 20 experienced wfp'ers told him what would improve a product he would ignore it unless he agreed,  like he wouldn't even entertain/consider the possibility that he could be wrong!
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 12:23:53 pm »
Rinse bars, hot water etc doesn't necessarily give confidence to go faster!
You have a heavy flow of water and in more cases than not, a quicker flow.  You get the technique wrong and you can still streak/spot or even splash water where you don't want it to go, which can cause additional issues.
You can't just go out there and work faster without being good at what you do any way.

Some jus need confidence to try new things or new methods without holding themselves or others back because they are scared and play it down.  On this forum are members who have openly mentioned they have issues with over rinsing and the likes. They are not happy unless they have completely over rinsed the windows and some even feel that the brush shouldn't be on the window when doing so!  Now for these ones, that's fine and that's how they want to work and all is good. Others may push themselves out their comfort zone and realise that if they rinse a little less, all is still good. Whilst others still, don't have those issues and also have good technique but know that with an heavy flow of water and many jets or a rinse bar, what they are capable off and don't pull others down for not doing the same, but may offer advice.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2019, 01:27:02 pm »

I told you before Iv never been on here as Ewan so please stop lying to other forum members or I will make a complaint, I called you arrogant about 4 years ago, for gods sake get over it, grow up and move on.

Crack on then, make your complaint. Snowflake.

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 01:28:31 pm »
If 20 experienced wfp'ers told him what would improve a product he would ignore it unless he agreed,  like he wouldn't even entertain/consider the possibility that he could be wrong!

Which is what DC, aka Ewan, does. And always has. As you have explained.