Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

terrymaloy

Strange phone call...advice please ?
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:37:08 pm »
Cleaned the living room carpet and staircase of a rental property on 28th March ( 6 weeks ago ).
The tenants were moving out and met me at the property. 
I've just had a phone call from the tenant saying shes having trouble getting bond back because the carpets according to the landlord are still wet and looks like it's coming away on the stairs ??
After 6 weeks ?
The morning after the clean tenant said everything seemed fine and nothing untoward where the carpets were concerned.
The landlord has regular access to the property so not too sure what to make of this. I'm popping down on Friday to assess.
Think they're trying to keep the bond to go towards a new carpet or for me to replace.

Mike Halliday

Re: Strange phone call...advice please ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:24 pm »
If the carpets are now damp The landlord has had the carpets cleaned again or has used a hire machine.

How did you rinse the carpet? If you used an acid rinse then take some ph strips with you and test the carpet (if the carpet has dried wet a test area) most hire machine will use a high ph solution.

But just engaging in conversation  about he matter adds validity to their complaint, I think they are trying to pulling a fast one
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk