This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

tap tds gone down even further....
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:38:36 pm »
its coming out of my tap at 020 now.(from 28)....is there really any need for resin anymore?
price higher/work harder!

zesty

Re: tap tds gone down even further....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:43:58 pm »
Must be the only positive of living up there Daz. 020? I’d be laughing with that TDS down here!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 07:45:01 pm »
Yep. Cus it will go back up again soon.

Mine always ranges from 50 - 90 over time.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:21 pm »
Must be the only positive of living up there Daz. 020? I’d be laughing with that TDS down here!

it saves messing about with an RO.....i couldnt be arsed TBH mate.....

i think ill continue to use resin to get it down to 000..... ;)

zesty

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:39:16 pm »

it saves messing about with an RO.....i couldnt be arsed TBH mate.....

i think ill continue to use resin to get it down to 000..... ;)

Yeah it’s a faff mate, that’s why I buy it from a mate now.  Don’t have to bother with any of the purifying side if things anymore. I just pop down the road to me mates and fill up there.

deeege

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 10:46:06 pm »
Apart from the initial outlay of buying an RO, where is the faff?

Assuming you have room in a garage it’s no more faff than using DI only. I have a static setup and literally switch a valve and am producing water from 380 to 004 within seconds.

I’ve saved £240 in resin in 6 months since using an RO. Long term using an RO (water at 380) will work out far more cost effective than when I was using DI with water at 070.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 07:01:09 am »

Assuming you have room in a garage it’s no more faff than using DI only. I have a static setup and literally switch a valve and am producing water from 380 to 004 within seconds.

I’ve saved £240 in resin in 6 months since using an RO. Long term using an RO (water at 380) will work out far more cost effective than when I was using DI with water at 070.

Yes you save in resin costs but you then pay for a lot more water, so if on a metre your £240 saving will be lost.  Plus you then have to take into account of the cost of changing filters.

You then need to fix any water pressure issues like I have plus the outlay of the equipment. 

When I make an investment it has to meet the criteria of one or both of the following.  Does it save or make more money?  Does it simplify, improve or my make my job easier?

I just plug water mains into the vans resin input and fill.  It really is no faf.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 07:04:04 am »

i dont have a garage,even if i move in with the missus one day there is no way theres room in her garage with all the stuff/junk for her business.... ;D

dont forget you have to buy membranes and pre filters with an RO ,also theres a lot of waste water so water bills will be astronomical if your on a water meter(most people are these days)...

DI only is a lot less faff and cheaper(for me anyway)

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 07:15:44 am »
Some say RO and then DI gives a better quality of water.  8)

Wow at 020 customers could literally buy a brush from Halfords and stick a hose pipe into it to do their own windows.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 08:46:03 am »

I haven’t got a garage mate, that’s the problem for me.

So space, frost protection, water bill, filter changes etc etc, became a faff.

Also I live in an area that has extremely hard water, so it wasn’t fun. Much easier for me to buy from my mate, it works out cheaper as he’s not on a water meter, so sells me 750litres for £10!

Appreciate if you have a garage, then it’s not too much of an issue.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 08:57:08 am »

I haven’t got a garage mate, that’s the problem for me.

So space, frost protection, water bill, filter changes etc etc, became a faff.

Also I live in an area that has extremely hard water, so it wasn’t fun. Much easier for me to buy from my mate, it works out cheaper as he’s not on a water meter, so sells me 750litres for £10!

Appreciate if you have a garage, then it’s not too much of an issue.

Having no garage or room for production is an issue, I agree with that.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

deeege

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 08:59:39 am »

Yes you save in resin costs but you then pay for a lot more water, so if on a metre your £240 saving will be lost.  Plus you then have to take into account of the cost of changing filters.

You then need to fix any water pressure issues like I have plus the outlay of the equipment. 

When I make an investment it has to meet the criteria of one or both of the following.  Does it save or make more money?  Does it simplify, improve or my make my job easier?

I just plug water mains into the vans resin input and fill.  It really is no faf.

I’m not on a metre so that part isn’t an issue. In answer to the question at the bottom of your post, Yes having an RO both save me money and makes my job easier (than buying in pure or being DI only).

deeege

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 09:03:04 am »

i dont have a garage,even if i move in with the missus one day there is no way theres room in her garage with all the stuff/junk for her business.... ;D

dont forget you have to buy membranes and pre filters with an RO ,also theres a lot of waste water so water bills will be astronomical if your on a water meter(most people are these days)...

What will you do when you move in with your Mrs Daz and her water is 380 like mine? (she lives near me so assuming it is)

You’d have no choice but to sort out an RO would you?

High-Tower

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 12:52:06 pm »
I don’t understand where this idea being on a water meter costs a fortune. It’s £1.32 per 1000l supply and £2.45 per 1000l waste water charge. So to produce 1000l with an ro at 50/50 waste to pure would cost £5.09.

So even with filters and resins, using 500l a day would cost £3.50/£4 a day.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 01:07:05 pm »
I don’t understand where this idea being on a water meter costs a fortune. It’s £1.32 per 1000l supply and £2.45 per 1000l waste water charge. So to produce 1000l with an ro at 50/50 waste to pure would cost £5.09.

So even with filters and resins, using 500l a day would cost £3.50/£4 a day.

Exactly my point.  My resin usage is 60p a day for 500lts.

Why pay more when there is no need for those with low tds who's on a metre?  Plus the original outlay of a static system.??

combat1

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 01:08:28 pm »
Wonder what the tds is in Mexico Dazmond?

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 01:28:10 pm »

What will you do when you move in with your Mrs Daz and her water is 380 like mine? (she lives near me so assuming it is)

its  80-90 at my missus house.....

deeege

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 02:03:01 pm »

its  80-90 at my missus house.....

It was the 80 at mine for 3 years too, went to 380 literally overnight.  The TDS in south Warrington has been all over the place for the last year or so.

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 02:08:49 pm »
I think he'll get rid of his Mrs, first.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 05:27:04 pm »
Wonder what the tds is in Mexico Dazmond?

i dont know and i dont care.....i wont be packing my tds meter in my suitcase thats for sure! ;D ;D ;D