Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul79

Using water only for a pressure washing business!
« on: October 20, 2019, 09:44:06 pm »
I’ll be honest I haven’t done many jobs as I’m still starting out but the jobs I have done have been done using only water. In my FAQ I have put the following:

Do you use any cleaning agents?
No we only use water which is safe for the environment, plants, nature and any animals or pets. We care for our planet and so do not use any chemicals, soaps or other cleaning solutions. Our high pressure cleaning machines will get the job done just using plain water and some good old elbow grease!

Now I know and being realistic in the real world of cleaning that water alone will not work for every job, this doesn’t just apply to driveways, patios etc. But stretches all across the cleaning industry from indoor oven cleans to window cleaning and everything in between. But I genuinely care for the environment and want to make this a water only business.

Just would like your thoughts on this! Is it even possible?

Smudger

Re: Using water only for a pressure washing business!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 12:51:04 pm »
NO - you will find you will need chemicals when you start coming across real cleaning jobs - it's called black spot

You MAY remove it with heat - we do a lot of work now with our Hot box system which is genuinely eco friendly and will remove anything organic and sterilise the surface without chemical use - having said that I've not tried it against black spot  as is normally on drives, patio's or around swimming pools which is cold p/w work

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 12:52:31 pm »
if you haven't looked here http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm I suggest you do so, full of helpful advice

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:22 pm »
As Darran has already said chemicals are a must if you want to do a decent job.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 06:45:59 pm »
Your not gonna destroy the Planet with a few Chems Paul, don’t worry about it. (You may kill a few ants)

You’ll need them for certain jobs, but I suppose you could just turn those jobs down, or manage customers expectations by saying ‘I only use water, so this and that mark/staining may not come out’