This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: 4 weekly to monthly?
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 06:08:23 pm »
I think we should be aiming for a lot more than 4 weeks off a year. After all that's what employed people get...well 5.

I must have about 3 months off when i factor in odd days and half days and rain days etc

why?employed people have to work full time and will work a lot more hours over the course of a year than i do...

i will have a full 2 weeks off when i go to mexico in june,a week at xmas and another week around oct time....thats enough for me....im only working 20-25 hours a week as it is..... :)

Why?

Because imo we should always be aiming to improve our level in life

What's the point of having a business to only have what an employed job brings.

I don't really agree either with the hours thing. I don't think theres that much in it.

I usually work 25-30 hours a week on the glass but when you factor in all the rest of it it probably brings it up to about 40 hours.

even including purifying my water,putting batteries on charge and admin(30 mins a day),collecting a couple of times a month and the odd bit of pole maintenance/changing connectors etc its no more than 5 hours a week so altogether i actually work no more than 30 hours a week including all of the above....

40 hours a month over 11 months(1 month for hols)is 440 hours!x 10 years is 4,400 more hours WORKED!!thats a hell of a lot of extra time spent working!no thanks..... ;D

money wise i never got anywhere near 45k a year working for someone else (even working 60 hour weeks)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 06:28:19 pm »
I do a handful that are monthly the majority is 6-8-12 weekly for me,I do commercial bits that are monthly but I would never want to be cleaning houses day in day out on a monthly basis.
The work for me is far more varied cleaning with longer breaks within cleans and you ask more per clean and people don’t mind paying it if you’re not on there doorstep every 4 weeks to a month,if all my work went monthly I wouldn’t have enough time to get round it 7 days a week.

Stoots

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 07:51:46 am »
I think we should be aiming for a lot more than 4 weeks off a year. After all that's what employed people get...well 5.

I must have about 3 months off when i factor in odd days and half days and rain days etc

why?employed people have to work full time and will work a lot more hours over the course of a year than i do...

i will have a full 2 weeks off when i go to mexico in june,a week at xmas and another week around oct time....thats enough for me....im only working 20-25 hours a week as it is..... :)

Why?

Because imo we should always be aiming to improve our level in life

What's the point of having a business to only have what an employed job brings.

I don't really agree either with the hours thing. I don't think theres that much in it.

I usually work 25-30 hours a week on the glass but when you factor in all the rest of it it probably brings it up to about 40 hours.

even including purifying my water,putting batteries on charge and admin(30 mins a day),collecting a couple of times a month and the odd bit of pole maintenance/changing connectors etc its no more than 5 hours a week so altogether i actually work no more than 30 hours a week including all of the above....

40 hours a month over 11 months(1 month for hols)is 440 hours!x 10 years is 4,400 more hours WORKED!!thats a hell of a lot of extra time spent working!no thanks..... ;D

money wise i never got anywhere near 45k a year working for someone else (even working 60 hour weeks)

I spend about an hour a day on other stuff, plus sunday evening. Plus the fact its always running round my brain on an evening or weekends and it makes the job full time, even if the physical aspect is shorter theres a mental side to it too which is draining.  Its easier to switch off when employed.

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 08:54:07 am »
Really?mental side draining? ::)roll

Window cleaning has got to be one of the least stressful jobs you could do IMO!!!! :)

nathankaye

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 09:18:29 am »
Really?mental side draining? ::)roll

Window cleaning has got to be one of the least stressful jobs you could do IMO!!!! :)

Depends how you run / grow your business daz
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 10:32:02 am »
Think about builders that work on there own and need to constantly find work,quiet a bit of organising goes in to even a small couple of grand job.
With repeat work like ours it couldn’t be more simple turn up clean it get paid the most important thing is that the work is good and priced correct,anything is stressful if you have that kind of personality it’s hard work for some people to go out of the house if they suffer from stress window cleaning is not stressful.

nathankaye

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 01:09:00 pm »
For some it can be, it all depends at what stage your at in your business.
For me, it isn't but it has an opportunity to be as I build a new round In a complete new area which I'm not familiar with for instance.
But ones just starting out, organising and building their rounds, ones who don't work in the rain when it comes to days off work or bad winters etc etc. Just because some feel they have it easy, it would be wrong to assume that others don't find running and operating their own business a stressful thing.

It's just being mindful that's all, as not all things can be covered by sweeping statements
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 01:27:56 pm »
I find reading posts on Cleanitup the most stressful part of the job.

NWH

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 02:06:12 pm »
I was talking about being up and running and having enough work,once you are at that point it shouldn’t be stressful.

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 04:20:42 pm »
a little bit of stress is good for you....keeps you on your toes.... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »
what do you do work related on a sunday evening then adam?

the only thing i occasionally do is text a few customers around 7pm....thats it....usually i dont even have to do that........ as for purifying water/charging batteries,printing invoices,downloading worksheets,etc thats  all done after work on the friday  previous.....