UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Hard Floor Cleaning Forum

Karndean clean and strip problem

(1/1)

Aquakleen Restoration Services:
Hi guys,

I did what I thought was going to be a straightforward clean and dressing of a karndean kitchen, hallway and dining room floor. The clean went well but after I neutralized, dried the floor and applied the dressing strange marks immediately appeared on the half the floor surface.

I returned and did a dry strip of the dressing using the tilemaster machine. The dressing on the dining room was removed successfully but in the kitchen and hallway it didn't. I returned today and did a wet strip with some Chemspec high power floor stripper, then neutralized the floor. It looked fine but she has just text with the enclosed photos to say the floor has the same problem...

The troublesome area was once closed off with a wall by the previous owner (as already said the other half dressed fine but it is now all open plan).

When I left today it looked great after I stripped but obviously it isnt! I'd like to think I have done everything by the book...clean, neutralize, dry then dress using a microfible mop. By the way I used Restormate's matt dressing which I have used before and had great success with.

I am beginning to think the section of the floor is defective as the other half dressed and stripped fine.

Can anyone help with some ideas as to the problem?

Many thanks!

John

Timmy Boy:
Hi John
I would suggest you talk to karndean directly and send them the pics. I agree that it could be a defective pack. The way in which you have cleaned the floor in the way you described is as per manufacturer guidelines so the only get out Karndean might have is to blame the fitter which wouldn’t be your problem any way

Regards
Tim

Aquakleen Restoration Services:
Timmy thank you for your response. Will do mate!

Jim McPhail:
As above, I just wonder would Karndean have an issue with not using their own product. I only ask as I was told (and it could be wrong) that to retain the warranty their own products have to be used, same with Amtico. They all say that of course but has anyone had any feed back to that effect. PS: I am not suggesting that this is what caused this issue.     

premier floorcare:
Could be a subfloor problem showing through or it could be the polish. Did you use an air mover to dry the seal ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version