UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Minimum Wage Inspection

(1/3) > >>

petra:
hi all
Yes the revenue are visiting me, have any of u had one of these inspection, can u tell me what to expect?

Petra

HolmansUKLTD:
be afraid be very afraid ;)

Happyeater:
Been there, done it.

Just ensure that all employees have contracts which state the hours they work for the money offered and that it is on on or over the minimum wage. They employee should have a copy and you should hold a second signed one. If you pay hourly that is about it. They will ask for copies of payslips too. Also ensure that P45/46's are in place for each.

If you pay by the job there should be a 'fair estimate' clause that says that they agree that the money offered for the time allowed is fair. The clause should have its own signature box. IE Pay £9 for a job between approximately 8-10 am and I agree that this is a fair estimate of how long the job takes to complete.

Any more questions, please feel free to pm me.

Fox:
Hi Petra

Good to have you back - think I can talk for everyone when I say we missed you!

I shouldn't worry too much on this subject the tax office are not ogers, people think they are! If you have been doing things properly then you haven't got a prob.

You DO NOT have to have signed contracts stating what you pay, all's the tax office is interested in is that you are not paying under min wage and keeping up with your PAYE.  As long as you have P46/45 as stated by happyeater then all's ok.  

I will tell you though the main reason why this happens is giving out to many temp NI numbers so make sure your employees are part of the EU before allocating jobs.

Just don't worry - they are there to do a job and they can help too.

petra:
Cheer for thats guys...after all that happend to me latley ( just lost my brother in law) and the divorce saga (he now trying to bleed me dry) all I needed was the revenue to finish me off.

Petra
PS missed u all 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version