Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleanevangelist

Cold or Hot Cleaning
« on: March 24, 2019, 06:36:28 am »
Guys

This relates to my other post.

I know the TM guys will pick up on the heat part of that post. But we all can spray products like microkill to kill all the germs no matter which type of method or mechine we use.

Respects

Ian Harper

Mike Halliday

Re: Cold or Hot Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 06:48:34 am »
Hot does not kill germs or sanitise carpets, using heat does not make the cleaning any healthier.

Heat melts fats and sticky sugars, it creates a physical expansion that  helps the separation  of dirt from the carpet or fibre.

It makes removing the dirt easier.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 06:13:46 pm »
great reply Mike

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 06:46:33 pm »
great reply Mike

Glad you liked it😘!

Just to add another side effect  of heat is it makes the carpet dry quicker,  if heat allows you to clean the carpet with a Single pass of the wand they it stops you over-wetting the carpet.  This could happen if you require multiple wet passes  to remove the dirt. The more wet passes you need the higher the risk of overwetting the carpet.

But the question is.......how hot do you need to get to start the magic ? Warm water is to me the same as using cold,  hot to me means you can’t touch the QC as it will burn your hand.

I use a propane burner to create my hot water  and I use it on every carpet fibre 🔥🔥🔥

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 09:39:44 pm »
Do you call yourself" Hot Stuff Halliday" by any chance Mike 😂😂😀😂  ref " Hot Lips Houlihan" from M a S H. The TV show grom the 70s
Cheers Rich

JandS

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 03:49:46 pm »
What sort of propane burner you use Mike....any issues with having propane in van....is insurance ok with it?
Been thinking about it for a while but thinking diesel rather than gas.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 05:37:48 pm »
Don’t know the make of the burner, but gas is much more controllable than diesel,

diesel is either on full or off there is no adjustment,  gas can be turned up & down I used a diesel burner ( a hotbox used for pressure washers) for 10yrs and it creates amazing heat but is very hard to control  and is quite dirty so you need a chimney out of the can were gas clean very clean

JandS

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 08:12:00 pm »
After the pump I presume...what pressure can they handle?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 05:57:40 am »
3000psi and they will heat 25lts/min,  which is great for tile & hard floor cleaning but too much for carpets and upholstery

there are a couple of  truck mounts  that use this type of heater

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=smd2xo_j-HE&time_continue=77