Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

LIQUAGEL OIL AND GREASE REMOVER PROBLEM NOT F90 PROBABLY
« on: March 22, 2019, 10:34:42 pm »
I cleaned my landing and stairs yesterday.after it had been extractrd, the black spots wete still thete. Treated them woth liquagel and drill brushed it in, but tonight I noticed a white circle around a couple of the spots. How do I get them out ? The ones on the light carpet came out straight away after spraying with clean water and dabbing with terrytowel, then drying with hairdryer. What can I do of I get this on a customer's carpet? Its wicking back on the landing but I cant put the fan on as its too loud and would wake the little kiddies next door

Cheers Rich

john martin

Re: Liquagel oil and grease remover
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 10:59:11 pm »
If its not just a white chemical residue  that washes out ....   then most likely you have super cleaned the spots   ... resulting in it much brighter than the surrounding carpet .
Looking up liquagel  ... its composed of half naptha and half limonine   .... so the naptha is really similar to white spirit ...  and the limonine would be in the cirtus type presprays .
You have to be a bit more delicate on the black spots ... chances are they would have come out with a tiny dab or spray of a conc good prespray ... or the slightest touch of your liquagel .
The drill drush probably spread the solvent well beyong the the black mark itself also ...
So ...   i would spray some fairly conc prespray over the surrounding carpet and try and blend the spot to the surounding carpet with your handtool  .... failing the prespray ...i would put some white spirit in a spray bottle and and mist the areas .... again extract and blend ... 
you might haave to redo the whole carpet to even it out after

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:06:45 pm »
Its just white residue John , going to rinse it again tomorrow. Do you know what.the dilution rate for small amounts of f 90 are? It only quotes 5 gallon of water how much per litre?
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 11:23:47 pm »
just the residue should be an easy one so  !   
I wouldnt be certain of the f90 dilution rate ... iv always kinda used my own dilution rates through trial /error and just what seems to work best .

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:49:45 pm »
Found it 24 scoops per20litres of water or 12 to 10
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 12:04:28 am »
i think that might be a bit off  ... if the scoop is 10ml then about two or three scoops

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 06:29:51 am »
Found it 24 scoops per20litres of water or 12 to 10

Do you really think you put 24 scoops in 20lts of water? This might be to make a stock solution for a metered system in a truck mount . It will be about a  15gm scoop to 20lts .

Leminine is very prone to causing  resoiling  you need to thoroughly rinse it out, it might smell nice and look everimentally friendly being made from citrus peel but I don’t think it’s that effective .

I wouldn’t use a drill brush for stain removal you might distort the pile leaving a mark greater that the stain you removed
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 01:22:22 pm »
I used 6 scoops in 5 litres. and the amount of muck that came out of the carpet  was incredible.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 04:31:22 pm »
i think you answered your own question earlier  :D   looks like your using too much f90 ... and its leaving  residue when it dries .
what kind of machine are you using generally ?

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 09:13:02 pm »
No John Im on about liquagel. The f90 is not the problem. I waa asking how to avoud the white residue when using liquagel.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 09:23:54 pm »
just rince it out after with your extractor , should be no residue left then ?

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 10:33:18 am »
I did, but the carpet was the ribbed type thats used in entrance areas to public buildings. I used prochem fabric and fibre rinse but there were still a few while splodges after it had fully dried.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 12:09:41 pm »
looking at the fiber rince ... there is still a few things in it that could leave a residue .. if it was used a bit rich
could be that ... other wise , not sure , some kind of salt like residue wicking from the mat it self ?like from a previous clean ,   a high tide mark from just doing a small patch insted of the whole mat ?  more than likely the fiber rince

RPCCS

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 06:01:32 pm »
It only occurrs if I used the liquagel though.  It never happens on a normal clean without the gel. 
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 07:49:32 pm »
probably some reaction unique to the chemistry you used there , rinseing the strong solvents with an acid and other components mixing to make some strange reaction .

RPCCS

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 08:11:27 pm »
As per first post, I used it on my own carpet and it did it. Think I will stop using it.
Cheers Rich

Robin Ray

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 02:00:48 pm »
How much F90 are you using? 24 scoops per 20 L ?

The correct dilution is  57g per 18.9 L

RPCCS

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2019, 04:18:16 pm »
No F90 is NOT my problem . it is the answerto it. The problem is with liquagel causing white residue after the carpet has dried, despite giving it a good rinse with fabric and fibre rinse from Prochem. This is why I had to return and rinse with f 90.. I know thats the correct dilution rate but that is far too much for what I would need. How many grams does the scoop hold? I would not use 19 litres unless it was a large room.
Cheers Rich

john martin

Re: LIQUAGEL OIL AND GREASE REMOVER PROBLEM NOT F90 PROBABLY
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 04:35:13 pm »
really , for those black marks put low odour white spirit in a small spray bottle , spray ,give it a quick rub with something and extract .... there will no residue and its as good or better than the branded POGs .
A gram is considered = to one ml   ...   so if know the volume of the scoop ( about 10-15ml id say )  then robins dilution rate would be four or five  scoops or so ...  in 20l

RPCCS

Re: LIQUAGEL OIL AND GREASE REMOVER PROBLEM NOT F90 PROBABLY
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 04:40:42 pm »
Thanks John. I think I will dispose of the liquagel
Cheers Rich