Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaniac

Re: Which first?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 12:47:46 pm »
I do insides and out no problems.

Do the outsides first, that way its easy to tell where the grime is on the insides.

Last year just before christmas, i was asked to clean some office windows, inside only in London, charged £400 for half a day, used squirty bottles, microfiber and scrim, packed into a backpack and went in on the train. They were so happy, they have rebooked me for this christmas.

Some of these comments are hilarious, about doing insides first and then run before they complain...jees guys. What tds are you cleaning at, bet its not 000!

I have never had aby problems doing insides. Never.

Now conservatory roofs?? Id happily rip it down free of charge..  :D

John Mart

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 01:58:39 pm »
Outside first and then correct any problems identified when doing the insides.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 02:20:39 pm »
Im sure the guys who say do the inside first and then leg it, are only joking mark  ;D ;D

I find it funny tho if your called arthur for doing half a job or half a window cleaner  ::)roll ::)roll
Do you personnally advertise that you do the insides?   Its as and when a client might ask and then you have a choice to do so or not and that can depend on numerous factors. 
But same as many have said, clean the outside first and that way it either confirms you are doing a good job with the wfp or if you need to work on something.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 03:03:06 pm »
Mark, it was joke my friend.

Of course we don’t leg it off, we drive off quickly 😜

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 03:33:15 pm »
Mark, it was joke my friend.

Of course we don’t leg it off, we drive off quickly 😜

Precisely!   This is where the electric reel comes into its own 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2019, 05:54:20 pm »
if a customer is insistent i just tell them my insurance doesnt cover inside work..... :D
price higher/work harder!

chris turner

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2019, 06:17:33 pm »
I do insides and out no problems.

Do the outsides first, that way its easy to tell where the grime is on the insides.

Last year just before christmas, i was asked to clean some office windows, inside only in London, charged £400 for half a day, used squirty bottles, microfiber and scrim, packed into a backpack and went in on the train. They were so happy, they have rebooked me for this christmas.

Some of these comments are hilarious, about doing insides first and then run before they complain...jees guys. What tds are you cleaning at, bet its not 000!

I have never had aby problems doing insides. Never.

Now conservatory roofs?? Id happily rip it down free of charge..  :D

Why is it you think that just cuz your tds is 0 you will get perfect results every time?
I have cleaned with water with a tds of 30 ( by accident) with perfect results.

I know a guy who always makes sure his tds is 0 yet is always complaining he gets spotting. He's even tried vision to reduce the spotting. Seeing him working and it was immediately clear why he was getting spotting. He was trying to go to quick, missing sections of the glass, not cleaning the top frame properly and dirty water was dripping everywhere from the top.

Proper technique is way more important then 0 tds IMO.

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2019, 07:05:22 pm »
Not done insides of anything for over 5 years now , in fact not done anything other than outer windows , and its going to stay that way !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !