Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brianbarber

Re: Fed up with job
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2019, 08:04:20 pm »
Started carpet cleaning
Soon realised although good ticket prices, once a customer has the windows cleaned  your back every 4/8 weeks.....regular income.
 Plus, no large advertising bills to get the odd carpet cleaning job.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 02:42:00 pm »
I had a good on Wednesday, no windows, started off with a tea stain removal on a carpet, then cleaned the seats on a coach, and finished off with a short driving job on the coach. ( not the same one I was cleaning seats on 😮). If I could do this every week it would suit me. Bit of window cleaning, bit of jet washing, bit of carpet cleaning and a bit of coach work. That would do me.

personally i cant think of anything worse than being jack of all trades but if it suits you then good luck.... :)
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2019, 02:46:15 pm »
I had a good on Wednesday, no windows, started off with a tea stain removal on a carpet, then cleaned the seats on a coach, and finished off with a short driving job on the coach. ( not the same one I was cleaning seats on 😮). If I could do this every week it would suit me. Bit of window cleaning, bit of jet washing, bit of carpet cleaning and a bit of coach work. That would do me.

I bet youve got all the best chat up lines.

RPCCS

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2019, 09:49:58 pm »
Happily married mate for 23 years, no chat up lines from me I did get offered it on a plate once about 25 years ago, but never acted on it.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2019, 09:53:10 pm »

personally i cant think of anything worse than being jack of all trades but if it suits you then good luck.... :)
We' all have  different. ideas Daz, that's what makes things interesting.
Cheers Rich

John Mart

« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2019, 07:58:31 am »
Happily married mate for 23 years, no chat up lines from me I did get offered it on a platw once about 26 years ago, but never acted on it.
You were offered it on a plate 3 years before you were married but didn’t act on it?  ???

P @ F

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2019, 08:58:18 am »
The offer was from a bloke 🤣
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

RPCCS

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2019, 04:50:10 pm »
Happily married mate for 23 years, no chat up lines from me I did get offered it on a platw once about 26 years ago, but never acted on it.
You were offered it on a plate 3 years before you were married but didn’t act on it?  ???
I was engaged though, and the wifey who offered it was pi$$ed, and also married.😮
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2019, 04:51:13 pm »
The offer was from a bloke 🤣
pmsl😂😂😂 😂😂
Cheers Rich

G Griffin

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2019, 12:20:04 am »
Happily married mate for 23 years, no chat up lines from me I did get offered it on a plate once about 25 years ago, but never acted on it.
Happily married for 23 years and you still remember the offer? 🤔
I sense regret in your post(s), my unfulfilled one.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

RPCCS

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2019, 08:27:44 am »
Nope, no regrets
Cheers Rich

John Mart

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2019, 11:43:54 am »
I'll bet he wishes he hadn't mentioned it now.

G Griffin

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2019, 01:08:28 pm »
There's definitely some regret, there. The words 'but never acted on it' are a give away.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2019, 01:27:20 pm »
Yeah and I’ve never missed a window lol.

cleaniac

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2019, 01:47:31 pm »
If we look hard enough at our lives, we can all have regrets.

I regret that i didn't stand up to my 1st wife who was jealous, controlling, and emotionally abusive and left her sooner.

She didn't like the fact that i was a very driven person, with a job in the city at the age of 19 and was doing very very well for a 19 year old.

She cost me my job eventually, as she would call the office  and check up on what i was doing, and we would row if i was 10 mins late back on the train,as i was commuting from weybridge, surrey to london waterloo it was hit and miss if the train would turn up on time. If i had stuck at that job, id have a mansion in weybridge now and probably be retired with a fat bank balance. It didn't matter what job i got she ended up accusing me of having affairs, it drove me bonkers, eventually i started working for myself as a contractor, but work dried up after 911, there was alot of uncertainty so i did some window cleaning with a friend as a stop gap, and ended up starting out in window cleaning in 2003 (age23) and 8 years later it turned out she was the one having the affair..

So there u go.

G Griffin

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2019, 01:54:44 pm »

I regret that i didn't stand up to my 1st wife who was jealous, controlling, and emotionally abusive and left her sooner.

She didn't like the fact that i was a very driven person, with a job in the city at the age of 19 and was doing very very well for a 19 year old.

She cost me my job eventually, as she would call the office  and check up on what i was doing, and we would row if i was 10 mins late back on the train,as i was commuting from weybridge, surrey to london waterloo it was hit and miss if the train would turn up on time. If i had stuck at that job, id have a mansion in weybridge now and probably be retired with a fat bank balance. It didn't matter what job i got she ended up accusing me of having affairs, it drove me bonkers, eventually i started working for myself as a contractor, but work dried up after 911, there was alot of uncertainty so i did some window cleaning with a friend as a stop gap, and ended up starting out in window cleaning in 2003 (age23) and 8 years later it turned out she was the one having the affair..

So there u go.
With RPWC?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

RPCCS

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2019, 06:34:23 pm »
There's definitely some regret, there. The words 'but never acted on it' are a give away.
There are no regrets. whatsoever on my part, I was engaged to my now wife and the woman  I'm on about was married with 3 kids. Her husband was a pilot so away quite a bit, and she was p155ed, plus the fact the estate they lived on had nosey neighours. When I told my mate about it, at the timehe said " you knacker!! I would have been straight in there!" But he would jump with anyone at the time.
In case you're wondering, the wife knows all about it.
Cheers Rich

windowswashed

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2019, 07:11:03 pm »

So there u go.

Was she the jealous type who would phone you whilst in church on Sundays and ask you to put Jesus on the phone  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:26 pm »
There are no regrets. whatsoever on my part, I was engaged to my now wife and the woman  I'm on about was married with 3 kids. Her husband was a pilot so away quite a bit, and she was p155ed, plus the fact the estate they lived on had nosey neighours. When I told my mate about it, at the timehe said " you knacker!! I would have been straight in there!" But he would jump with anyone at the time.
In case you're wondering, the wife knows all about it.
I believe you  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2019, 08:01:43 pm »

So there u go.

speak for yourself....ive slept with all sorts of women over the years from teachers to nurses and dont regret anything...... :)
price higher/work harder!