UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Before I test clean

(1/2) > >>

simon w:
Do you think Hypo will remove this green algae from the brick work? we are pressure washing balconies on the top floor and have been asked if we can remove the algae from either side of the down pipe from ground floor to roof level. I am going to test clean at ground level using a backpack and water fed pole but was just wondering on opinions from those that have cleaned similar.

I don't want to hire a MEWP if I can help it and the building manager isn't looking for perfection. The rear of this property where the work will take place is mostly free of pedestrians and traffic so managing a safe work space shouldn't be an issue.

Thoughts please????

Mike Halliday:
Hypo might remove it but will leave a  highly visible difference . I would use a biocide algae remover it won"t work  straight away  but will work

A WFP will spill hypo on all  the windowsills plus run down the walls it will be very hard to control where it goes

simon w:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on March 07, 2019, 06:57:49 am ---Hypo might remove it but will leave a  highly visible difference . I would use a biocide algae remover it won"t work  straight away  but will work

A WFP will spill hypo on all  the windowsills plus run down the walls it will be very hard to control where it goes

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input Mike. Using a biocide algae remover through a wfp would be the same to control as Hypo I should think? from what I understand hypo won't cause any damage to the windows or frames and it will all be getting rinsed away before we finish on the brickwork. I will take a look at bio algae removers do you have any links to a good product?

I will upload a photo after my ground floor test clean

Kev Martin:
The problem you have is that whatever you use be it Hypo, a biocide like Spray and Walk Away or even a High Alkaline Cleaner like PSRP Xtreme will of course improve it dramatically.  This however will then in turn show the rest of the building up.  Then they will complain to you about how dirty the rest of it is.   It’s a bit like washing one door of a filthy dirty car and leaving the rest ::)roll

Splash & dash:
Totaly agree with Kevin , if you clean that it will stand out like a soar thumb, we would either do the whole building or nothing at all , hypo will bring that up like new and the rest will look awful I don’t think the property owners would be happy with it looking like a patchwork quilt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version