Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Flooded back of van!
« on: March 14, 2019, 01:18:25 pm »
Went out to the gym yesterday, on the way home I braked quite sharply as some plonker decided to hesitate and slam there brakes on when attempting to overtake a pulled over bus.

Anyway, thought nothing of it.

Popped out an hour later to pick the wife up from work, and thought, meh, I’ll take the van rather than the car.

GOOD JOB I DID! Water was leaking through the side load door.

Opened the door and it was like niagra falls.

Quickly checked all the hoses and found that in that heavy braking my backpack sprayer had smashed into the pump strainer and sheered it off.

Amazingly I still had around 400l of water I the tank. Had i not chose to go out in the van to pick the wife up, I’d have had a nearly full 750l flood in my transit custom.

Also surprised at how little water I lost! Amazing to think it was like that for an hour and didn’t release more water. Still, There was a lot pouring out when I opened that door - testament to how water tight the customs are 😂

Good job I’ve got a tap to isolate the water before the pump! I turned that off and saved the rest of the water. Could have been a lot worse.

Been driving round with the side door open today to air the van out. Thankfully no water in the cab.

These things Happen.

🤪

Plankton

Re: Flooded back of van!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 07:13:34 pm »
The plastic liner has come in handy a couple of times when I've been having a cupa then another....

zesty

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 08:48:33 pm »
The plastic liner has come in handy a couple of times when I've been having a cupa then another....

Definitely. I do love them, great vans.

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:17:15 am »
Good van apart from the electrical glitch that seems to wonder round the van. Things affected are; alarm, window control, window wiper auto function, 12v dashboard socket not powering down, front parking sensors, door lock clicking when driving, engine revs struggling on idle bouncing up and down....

zesty

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:12:59 am »
Good van apart from the electrical glitch that seems to wonder round the van. Things affected are; alarm, window control, window wiper auto function, 12v dashboard socket not powering down, front parking sensors, door lock clicking when driving, engine revs struggling on idle bouncing up and down....

Sounds like you’ve got a duffer!

Mines been mint, other than The rear tailgate lock breaking.

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:16:21 pm »
It's minor, Turkish made though.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 07:23:32 pm »

i couldnt be having that...id be taking it to an autoelectrician......
price higher/work harder!