UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Truck mount carpet cleaner

(1/3) > >>

Pipgleamclean:
Hi everyone, I’m looking to upgrade fro a portable machine, to a truck mount, are there any makes to be avoided/recommended, is second hand an option? Or would you go new?
All advise gratefully recieved

Robin Ray:
Go for new, the second hand machine I had was a nightmare, I would say that they guy I bought it from, Craig Lincoln (Carpet Cleaners World) bent over backward to help me out with it though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Hydramaster machine from him in the future. He is based in Cornwall.

Pipgleamclean:
Seems like good advise, I’m looking at prochem blazer gt, any good?

Mike Halliday:
Truck mounts are overpriced pieces of equipment, if you go for a second hand machine make sure you have a sound mechanical knowledge to solve any problems.

Most machines available in the uk have the same reputation for reliability, buy the biggest you can afford to get the maximum heat & vacuum

Simon Gerrard:
With respect, I don’t think Truck amounts are overpriced at all. Do they cost a lot of money in comparison to a portable, you bet, but hell, they practically print money. They produce a much higher standard of cleaning and are hugely more productive and efficient and they are a marketing tool in there own right. Anyone of those points is worth the purchase price in the first year alone.
I know a guy that has 8,000 hours on a Titan 575 and the machine earns at least £100 per running hour, work that one out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version