Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Re: marketing
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 08:11:55 am »
I have a minimum charge for up to 20m2: anything on top of that is £4 per m2.
A second  and third room, would be charged at a lower rate than the first room.
Cheers Rich

alang

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 11:07:14 am »
thanks that is sort of what i was thinking ,a small living room 12sqm  would equate to around £42 my minimum call out at £3.50 sqm upto 16sqm then a reduction to say £2.50 thereafter 16sqm. still accurate and at same time offering a discount for larger jobs?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 07:27:00 pm »
The old pricing debate always rears it’s head but you may have to look at your coatings first before you commit, a lady carpet cleaner who is in Edinburgh charges £250 to clean a 3pc suite it takes her 4-5 hours the customer is always happy with the quality but some customers wouldn’t be happy with the price as stated above Facebook can find you customers but it won’t necessarily find you the customers that will pay £3.50 a metre irrelevant of quality. If your plan is to go out and quote I’d go at £4 per metre and offer every 3rd room cleaned for free so you multiply the job an average job could be £120-150 some t’s and c’s like they get the smallest for free (stairs take longer so do those at £4 a step)

alang

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 07:56:36 pm »
thanks shaun. we will be going out quoting but for quite a few i plan to quote over the phone ,and i know that there may be problems with this regarding how soiled carpets are ect but we sort of know our town pretty well,so have a good idea of room sizes in relation to the street they live, the quotes will be approximate s and i plan to say that i can confirm an accurate price on arrival.or i will offer to pop round before hand should they wish? regards FB we were hoping this would be a good one for us,word of mouth so to speak on social media could be great, once a couple pics go up and people  say the obvious how much we would be honest and say this room was so and so,and still quote the sqm price,its then up to them to decide but we are pretty lucky that no one is advertising this in our area,the nearest being some 20 miles away and they don't do "cheap"either,my wife runs a pretty good service on Fb and is where she gets 80 percent of her orders so as such she has a large audience that we could already share to,I honestly think the fairest pricing structure would be by price m2,and would take all the guessing out of the equation, i hope so anyway

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 07:07:27 am »
Hi Alang, visiting clients is much more than just fixing a price.
People buy you as much as the service, it is important to gain a rapport with people and you can convey more about your service in person.
I tend to offer a free survey, if they ask for a price I tell them the min charge and price per square metre.
I find I convert at least 8 out of ten leads in person and much less over the phone.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 07:37:00 pm »
If I was to start again I would on site quote every job you could sell your service and offer 3 for 2 so no job would be min charge also you’d get 8/10 jobs on new enquiries you’ll not get that and because you’re beginning your career you’ll find that the good enquiries are sparse at first so my advice would be to grab the good customers by visiting them.