This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Slate roof cleaning
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:27:38 pm »
Hi everyone

We have a slate roof to clean. We have done one before using AlgoClear. My question is would it be ok to softwash it? It's not heavily soiled so it wouldn't require a strong mix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Splash & dash

Re: Slate roof cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 02:31:43 pm »
Hi everyone

We have a slate roof to clean. We have done one before using AlgoClear. My question is would it be ok to softwash it? It's not heavily soiled so it wouldn't require a strong mix.

Yes if it’s just a bit of green algy softwashing will work well , just be aware if it’s a low grade slate with metal ore in it the hypo will turn it brown , we do a lot of slate hung walls comes up like new
Thanks
Tom

Tom-01

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 02:45:46 pm »
Hi everyone

Yes if it’s just a bit of green algy softwashing will work well , just be aware if it’s a low grade slate with metal ore in it the hypo will turn it brown , we do a lot of slate hung walls comes up like new
Thanks
Tom

Thanks Splash and Dash. That's what happened on the roof we used Algoclear on, brown marks appeared. Is there anything else you could recommend so this doesn't happen?

Thanks
Tom

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 03:29:04 pm »
We have used algo clear pro , and softwashed roofs we don’t do a lot of roofs but do do a lot of slate and tile hung walls , generaly softwash them with very good results , not used anything else . I have only experienced the brown marks when using hypo not algo clear pro , it’s a reaction with the hypo to metal ore in the slate if you can put water on it as soon as the hypo mix is applied it will stop this happening but you are then in effect washing off the hypo mix , the same will happen with hypo applied to lead flashing , but if rinsed quickly it won’t mark it