Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Singh

Setting up my carpet cleaning machine in van
« on: February 27, 2019, 05:33:25 pm »
Hi Everyone, Can I get some feedback on this.

I am fairly new to carpet cleaning. I have an Airflex Pro and at the moment I drag the machine into the client property. I am having thoughts of leaving the carpet cleaning machine in the van.
My concern is about the machine specs in regards to psi and vac motors.
I am interested in how you would power the machine and easily fill or empty the machine. I understand that a truck mount with a water tank would be the best option for this but currently, don't have the funds. It would save me a heck of a lot of time if I can get this setup.
Fresher Carpets Coventry - Carpet Cleaners in Coventry and Warwickshire
Suite 123, Access House, Coventry, CV1 5PT, 024 7590 1015, https://freshcarpetscoventry.co.uk/

Neil Worsnop

Re: Setting up my carpet cleaning machine in van
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:11:13 pm »
Don't know about the specs of the Airflex Pro  but your website shows a van with a petrol truckmount?

derikraven

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 06:52:13 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........the plot thickens. ;D

Deep Singh

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:05:51 pm »
Don't know about the specs of the Airflex Pro  but your website shows a van with a petrol truckmount?

Great point Neil.  Ill gets my web designer to change that.  By any chance do you have any info on my question or just general mistakes with my website?

I see we cover the same area.  Classy lol.
Fresher Carpets Coventry - Carpet Cleaners in Coventry and Warwickshire
Suite 123, Access House, Coventry, CV1 5PT, 024 7590 1015, https://freshcarpetscoventry.co.uk/

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:41:11 pm »
We're close but I rarely go to Coventry.  Prefer to work within a few miles of home.

I know people do run portables from vans but can't offer any insight from experience.

john martin

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 10:07:07 pm »
Hi Everyone, Can I get some feedback on this.

I am fairly new to carpet cleaning. I have an Airflex Pro and at the moment I drag the machine into the client property. I am having thoughts of leaving the carpet cleaning machine in the van.
My concern is about the machine specs in regards to psi and vac motors.
I am interested in how you would power the machine and easily fill or empty the machine. I understand that a truck mount with a water tank would be the best option for this but currently, don't have the funds. It would save me a heck of a lot of time if I can get this setup.

it would be good to know what spec your airflex pro is ... to see how it might best be boosted
like is it in series or parallel . and what pump did u choose

mr muzzy

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 10:17:53 pm »
Guaranteed To Make the Disaster Disappear                           wow your good

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 10:48:28 pm »
I have used an Airflex pro mounted in a van in the past. It is only worth it if you draw from a water tank and a good dual source of heat. Mine has one hd electro and one lp electro fitted in parallel. I mainly used it up to 75 ft but occasionally went out to 100 ft. It worked well. I upgraded to a TM after that but went back to electric power in the van again with a twin 6.6 Enforcer. An Airflex pro will work but a dual 6.6 or 8.4 or HD electro machine does work better. Not as good as a TM in terms of raw power but very, very, very close to one in terms of productivity on domestics.
One good feature on the Airflex machine is the hoses can be dropped into a water tank easily.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 07:07:48 am »
It might be easier but it’s not going to be much quicker, unless you have a water tank then you still have to get buckets in the kitchen sink and carry them out to the van  pour them into your machine, unless you have a high roof van this will be awkward.

I would stick to wheeling the machine to the front door ( not inside) why have double the vac hose and solution line to carry just to reach the van when you can bring the machine closer.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk