This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Using cleaning planner with staff or subcontractors
« on: February 16, 2019, 10:14:20 am »
Hi guys

For those of  you that run multiple vans how do you provide work lists,

Currently we print out work sheets from cleaning planner, this can be a pain if you have the odd cancellation or someone’s having building work done so often you have to adjust, which can be a pain if worksheets are in van ,

but been concidering using a cheap tablet and uploading there worksheets via cleaning planner

Can you make adjustments through day if it’s front only rather than whole house

What do some of you in this situation do?

Thanks

Tony

Smudger

Re: Using cleaning planner with staff or subcontractors
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 11:13:56 am »
Yes we use tablets - you can make any changes before the round starts

During the day you can edit a job - say front only and enter the price for that rather than the full price 
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 12:54:29 pm »
Yes we use tablets - you can make any changes before the round starts

During the day you can edit a job - say front only and enter the price for that rather than the full price 
Darran
Surely only if your tablet has internet access or your employee uses his phone as a hotspot?

We work in a few areas that have no internet or mobile signal. Dead spot roads. Really frustrating when trying to change things or get hold of employee.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 01:05:53 pm »
you don't need internet access to alter the price charged - then add a note to say front only - then download this info at the end of the day

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 01:45:47 pm »
Thanks Darran

Do you have charges and prices displayed on the worksheets which the staff see, And can adjust whilst working ?

Currently I keep the charges hidden on the worksheets, but it’s it’s good to know they can adjust and then we can update later and make any pricing changes if needed

Tony

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 03:21:08 pm »
yes prices are shown

we still have about a third (400) customers that pay cash so the guys need to know the prices - as many cases the customer can't remember !
( and I don't worry about then knowing )

the only time we don't show prices is large commercial works - pressure wash/brick cleaning etc as these are a bit obscene !

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 05:50:20 pm »
Thanks

What device or tablets do you use,  or which do you find more suitable for staff

I mostly use my phone so I wouldn’t have a clue with a tablet

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 05:57:36 pm »
we were using Hudl - but im not sure you can get them now - not needed a new one for a while

Darran