Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Don Kee

Re: RO water v DI only water?
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 07:55:11 pm »
I bet the DI only guy isn’t getting the same shine because the frames he’s cleaning are brown and wooden.

robert mitchell

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 06:39:37 pm »
I was told a few years ago by a staion comander in the North Wales Fire Service that they would treat the water that is used for WFP cleaning as a hazardous product.
I had a long chat with him and finally persuaded him that it was one of the least hazardous things you could have.
Just goes to show what bull S**T is out there.

It also goes to show that people with no common sense can get promoted!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

GarryN

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2019, 02:22:04 am »
The fireman had probably been speaking to fishkeepers as RO water can kill fish.

Dry Clean

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2019, 08:04:21 am »
These old wives tales all started back in the day when equipment sellers needed gimmicky nonsense to try and get traditional guys to convert to WFP and spend, when you think about it we remove microscopic amounts of dissolved solids from the water which then is supposed to turn it into a supper dirt absorbent liquid, the joke is we all believed it back then simply because  we didn't know any better.
I clean cladding and upvc fascias with tap water, they come up every bit as clean and shiny as they would with pure, the level of shine will depend on the condition of the upvc and there's nothing you can do with any type of water that will change that.

Dougaldum

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2019, 10:52:14 pm »
He’s chatting rubbish.

I was DI only for 6 years and have used RO for the last year. The only difference is the cost to purify.

“Inundated with calls” 😂😂😂

What will actually be happening is the fella that uses ‘DI water’ is actually using tap water, seen it locally a few times. My tap water has gone from 050 to 350 recently, if the Di only fella is the same then that’s why his customers glass isn’t shiny enough 😂
we’re do you live
And why as your water gone so high
I think this is going to happen to my water
7  Trent has taken over dee valley

deeege

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 07:38:39 pm »
He’s chatting rubbish.

I was DI only for 6 years and have used RO for the last year. The only difference is the cost to purify.

“Inundated with calls” 😂😂😂

What will actually be happening is the fella that uses ‘DI water’ is actually using tap water, seen it locally a few times. My tap water has gone from 050 to 350 recently, if the Di only fella is the same then that’s why his customers glass isn’t shiny enough 😂
we’re do you live
And why as your water gone so high
I think this is going to happen to my water
7  Trent has taken over dee valley

I’m in north Cheshire. Our water has always come from reservoirs (soft water) but during the drought last summer they started drawing water from bore holes (hard water).  United Utilites, our water supplier, wrote to us to inform us of this a couple weeks before it happened.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."