Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JWC

Help Please what 50ft pole
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:23:45 pm »
Hi Guys

Im in need of a new pole what do you recommend? Iv always used Gardiners pole but just wonder whats the competition like out there for about a 50ft pole,

Smudger

Re: Help Please what 50ft pole
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 05:58:48 pm »
I love my SL2 - coming up to 9 years old - but its not a pole if you need it for several jobs a day

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Martin Lane

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:39 pm »
Gardiner Ultimate  poles very good but expensive

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 07:38:25 pm »
SL2 are brilliant light  poles for high work all day long. Extreme's are good for collapsible lightness.  Gardiners green Ultimate is suppose to be the best though slightly heavier than an extreme.  Not tried one yet.
I normally use an Extreme but have just bought a supermax 3k because some locations I work are quite gusty at times and prefer using a more rigid, heavier pole in these locations so it doesn't feel like I'm flying a kite as the light ones get blown around with side gusts.

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:56:15 pm »
SL2 are brilliant light  poles for high work all day long. Extreme's are good for collapsible lightness.  Gardiners green Ultimate is suppose to be the best though slightly heavier than an extreme.  Not tried one yet.
I normally use an Extreme but have just bought a supermax 3k because some locations I work are quite gusty at times and prefer using a more rigid, heavier pole in these locations so it doesn't feel like I'm flying a kite as the light ones get blown around with side gusts.
is a supermax  a more rigid pole then an extreme then?

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:58 pm »
The extreme is too light to use in gusty locations with a strong side wind. With a heavier pole it's not so bad as there is less flex on the pole. Sl2 is impractical in strong winds as it's like trying to control a kite as it's so light, the wind just takes it if you're not holding it strongly. I like using swivel goosenecks and work into the wind direction rather than fighting the wind with the poles

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 10:01:02 pm »
I had an extream and sold it as in the slitest breeze it was difficult to handle and was to whipping for my liking , I now have an ultimate it’s a bit heavier than the extream but stiffer and much better in the wind but isn’t cheap in my opinion it’s the best pole from 46-72 feet that I have used

JWC

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 05:42:13 pm »
Thank you guys I'm going for the S-max 50 I think its a all rounder  :)