Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G & M

grippa tank hot water
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:27:27 pm »
I just got a grippa tank two man hot system.  My questions are how hot can you get the water coming out at the brush for two men, how long does it take to get to that temperature and do you recycle to the tank while on the  move from job to job with the heater on all day.

p1w1

Re: grippa tank hot water
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:00:43 am »
There are to many variables to give you an accurate answer really..outside temp, starting water temp, how much hose out, what flow you are using etc. I would advise you to ring them with a list of questions you have and on how the best way to run it.

Personally i have the heater on full whack and turn it on about 10 mins before i start cleaning with it re circulating back to the tank between jobs and a flow rate of about 45-50. Ideally you dont want to keep turning it on and off during the day as it takes a lot of battery power to start it up so best to just leave it running through the working day and switch off when the day is finished. If your coolant reaches a certain temp  I think its about 80c or thereabouts  then it will do an emergency shutdown to protect the heater, this wont happen if your circulating back to the tank, you dont really want to be stopping the water flow for to long.

Don't expect high temps this time of year as there is a lot of heat loss through the hoses , make sure your batteries are kept in top condition ideally they will need charging every night to keep them at their best performance.
You should of got a manual with it there are a few pages in there on examples of temps achieved (if you didn't i can e-mail you one). its a bit of trial and error to begin with but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:17:33 am »
If you go through the posts of last December and January there will be loads of info about variables as some of us put the systems to test.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 08:01:06 am »
1.run on full heat setting (summer or winter)
2.recirculate back to tank between jobs
3.dont let the heater shut down more than once or twice a day
4.charge your batteries overnight every night
5.start your van first thing in the morning THEN switch your heater on so you have hot water for your first job of the day

in summer youll get 50c-60c at the brush head  even with hose out.great for cleaning with.....youll also get similar temperatures in the winter too with most of your hose left on your reel(cleaning the van for example)

in winter on a very cold day(with 100m out on freezing ground)itll go as low as 25c-30c at brush head which is just as well or you ll be cracking glass.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:10:08 am »
also get into the habit of plugging back into return valves at the end of the day so you can make use of the frost stat feature if needed during a freezing cold night......(make sure the frost stat is turned on too)

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 08:37:08 am »
I just got a grippa tank two man hot system.  My questions are how hot can you get the water coming out at the brush for two men, how long does it take to get to that temperature and do you recycle to the tank while on the  move from job to job with the heater on all day.

Hmmmmm....   are these not questions to be asked when buying the system ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 10:10:05 am »
It will work the same as if you had say a 9kw 1 man system as 2 operators have there own heat exchanger either side of the cabinet,the best thing you will buy to go with these are the mains hook up.
You plug into the mains into the side of the van and forget about it for 12 hours unplugg drive to work ,this only needs doing once every 7-10 days as you should have a top notch B-B charger when driving. That add on is well worth the money as is the heater,don’t get knocked on buying it it will change you’re working day.

dd

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 08:00:57 pm »
It will work the same as if you had say a 9kw 1 man system as 2 operators have there own heat exchanger either side of the cabinet,the best thing you will buy to go with these are the mains hook up.
You plug into the mains into the side of the van and forget about it for 12 hours unplugg drive to work ,this only needs doing once every 7-10 days as you should have a top notch B-B charger when driving. That add on is well worth the money as is the heater,don’t get knocked on buying it it will change you’re working day.
Unless you do a lot of miles it is best to charge batteries every night.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »
If you have the mains hook up you won’t need to charge it every night 99% of people at least do a bit of mileage.

brianbarber

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 12:13:02 am »

Hmmmmm....   are these not questions to be asked when buying the system ?

Agreed

This should be part of the hand over
Also advice on how hot is too hot.....I speak from bitter experience

Darran
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 08:50:01 am »
If you have the mains hook up you won’t need to charge it every night 99% of people at least do a bit of mileage.

i do at least 10 miles a day,its still good practice to charge up your batteries every night with a commercial charger if your using the heater on full heat setting every day......

my advice is discharge your batteries as little as possible....theyll last longer.....

G & M

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 10:17:57 am »
Thanks guys, the reason I asked was I turned it on and found that it took quite a while for the hot water to come through. I will be using it this coming week so I will get to know what's happening with it then.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 11:11:26 am »
Thanks guys, the reason I asked was I turned it on and found that it took quite a while for the hot water to come through. I will be using it this coming week so I will get to know what's happening with it then.

You have to start it and get it hot before you start your first job.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 11:14:38 am »
Just think of it as a delay.   Takes about 5 mins to start getting hot while hose is fully coiled going back to tank.  About 10 mins when using system to pole. 

After you turn burner off you will still get hot water for 10 mins thereabouts
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 11:37:15 am »
I always pre heat the water prior to the first job although I can’t see where there would be a difference the machine doesn’t know this when you start it up,the machine runs far better with less powering down when you recirculate the water back to tank though.
I drop the the flow down to 10-15 when doing this though for 1 it gets hotter and 2 when you plug back in under high pressure the water sprays everywhere from the the back to tank pipe.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 01:56:29 pm »

turn it on just after starting your van in the morning before you leave for work and leave it on all day even at lunchtime in the winter months(leave engine running to top up the batteries).....sometimes i turn mine off during lunch on a hot summers days...but thats the only time....

this way you ll have hot water from the first to your last job of the day.....

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 04:24:29 pm »
If it’s not hot enough you may need to adjust the numpty by removing the Inner screw  and bumping past the stop thats in place and you’ll get another turn and half for hotter water

I’ve set one up for hotter, and  one where grippa set it to

Oliver will explain it if you need to get water hotter it’s jsyt by passing the safety setting they’ve put on

Takes good 10 mins to get to good heat

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 11:47:23 am »
If it’s not hot enough you may need to adjust the numpty by removing the Inner screw  and bumping past the stop thats in place and you’ll get another turn and half for hotter water

Oliver will explain it if you need to get water hotter it’s jsyt by passing the safety setting they’ve put on

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is it.

Daz yours defintiely runs cooler than mine. I think you need to adjust your valve. Oliver will walk you through it.

I had to reduce mine.

Even now in -1 I can get 60 degrees plus at the brush head. Way too hot.

I currently run mine on minimum as it’s winter, and it gives me 30-40 degrees roughly at the brush head.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 06:22:01 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is it.

Daz yours defintiely runs cooler than mine. I think you need to adjust your valve. Oliver will walk you through it.

I had to reduce mine.

I currently run mine on minimum as it’s winter, and it gives me 30-40 degrees roughly at the brush head.

mines hot enough jonny......the reason why yours is getting hotter is because you have an extra pump returning hot water back to  your tank constantly all day which raises the starting temperature of your water your heating up again....i dont......so running my heater on full will give me warm water at brush head with 100m out on a really cold day.....which suits me fine.....

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 06:32:20 pm »
ive also adjusted the temperature dial jonny(around a year ago now) and its fine.i cant put my hand under the jets in the summer months for long,same with most of my hose on the reel no matter what time of year it is...BUT with lots of hose off the reel it loses a lot of heat on freezing ground...just as well as id be breaking glass. left,right and centre! :o ;D

NWH

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 07:23:44 pm »
I’ll open my cabinet and have a look tomorrow morning

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 12:58:43 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is it.

I had to reduce mine.

mines hot enough jonny......the reason why yours is getting hotter is because you have an extra pump returning hot water back to  your tank constantly all day which raises the starting temperature of your water your heating up again....i dont......so running my heater on full will give me warm water at brush head with 100m out on a really cold day.....which suits me fine.....

Aslong as your happy mate. 👍

Even first thing in a morning though I can get scalding temps if I wanted. If your running it flat out all the time then I reckon it’s too cool. I have mine on minimum now it’s winter, which gives me Warm - (very hot as my tank heats up) Then I shut my heater down in the afternoon because I’ve got a tank full of 50 degree water. If I’m doing a Pvc clean I can crank the heat right up. You don’t have that option if your running it flat out all the time,

It’s reduced my fuel use too. 👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

G & M

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 11:20:00 pm »
 I probably need to crank up the heat a  bit, but the bigger problem is the amount of heat lost through the hose. i have the grippa red hose what kind of hose do you guys use?

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 08:12:11 am »
I probably need to crank up the heat a  bit, but the bigger problem is the amount of heat lost through the hose. i have the grippa red hose what kind of hose do you guys use?

It doesn't matter what hose you use....you WILL lose up to 30c with all 100m out on freezing ground.....which is just as well or you'd be cracking glass......

You need to check the temperature at brush head with heater on full heat setting after it's been running for 20 mins or so with all your hose on your reel......what temperature are you getting?you should be getting 55c-65c.....too hot to put your hand under for long......in the summer you'll get these temperatures even with all your hose out but not on a cold day in winter......it'll be more like 30c-40c....

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 05:58:31 pm »
Remember the 9kw heater is a 2 Man unit.

It’s designed to be able to provide 2 users, very hot water.

One user is always going to get very hot water from it no matter the weather. (If it’s set up correctly)

I have to run mine on minimum setting in the winter, and then in summer I can adjust it higher,
Or I can adjust it higher for a Pvc clean etc.

I use the grippa hot water hose to, but I fancy trying my normal Hi vis hose. I find the red hose quite hard to manage.

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 09:13:21 pm »

One user is always going to get very hot water from it no matter the weather. (If it’s set up correctly)

I have to run mine on minimum setting in the winter, and then in summer I can adjust it higher,

I use the grippa hot water hose to, but I fancy trying my normal Hi vis hose. I find the red hose quite hard to manage.

The water at the brush head will be a lot cooler with 100m out on freezing ground no matter what setting your heater is on or what hose you use jonny.....test it next time we have a cold day ...you'll be surprised.....A LOT of heat is lost from the hose....

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 02:40:45 am »

The water at the brush head will be a lot cooler with 100m out on freezing ground no matter what setting your heater is on or what hose you use jonny.....test it next time we have a cold day ...you'll be surprised.....A LOT of heat is lost from the hose....

Even within the first hour of working, On max heat setting with 100 metres of hose out, 0 ish degrees outside, I was getting 50 degrees mate.

I really think mine just runs a lot hotter than yours. No way could I run it on max in winter. I’d be cracking glass.

On minimum setting its perfect for winter for me.