This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

What’s this worth
« on: February 05, 2019, 02:35:53 pm »

What’s this 700 litre ecostream system worth second hand in good working order?

P @ F

Re: What’s this worth
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:42:33 pm »
Have a look at Varitech systems site to see what it is new and do some sums  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

cleaniac

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:16:33 pm »
Its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Lets take into consideration the type of buyer for a used machine like this, they are unlikely to be the sort to spend a couple of grand on a new system are they.

So they are more likely to build thier own system, you can build a tank, and ro system from bits and bobs on ebay for around £500 ( if you buy new stuff) and probably £300 for used parts.

So if this was up for sale I'd advertise it for around £350 to £400. Other than that its not worth buying as any more money is the same as building yourself.

You might get £475 for it if you find the right buyer. ( someone who can't be arsed to build his own, but tbh he still has to fit it which isn't much different anyway)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:35:45 pm »
My take on it is the same as above,

It may have a few bells and whistles on it and been sold for an absolute fortune but too me second hand it’s worth around the £300 mark

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 08:46:36 pm »
It always amazes me when people try to sell these things (no offense to stephen, i just mean in general).   I know brand new they can cost a pretty penny and especially  custom made jobs.
However as mark clearly explains in his post, only the gullible will buy it (when its priced high compared to buying the parts etc as marc explains in his post!) and hopefully they are in the minority.  (Dispite ebay customers saying otherwise 😂 when bidding on 2nd hand poles)
Many try and sell them a fraction less than a new one, whichnfor a fraction more the person might as well buy the new one.
Also the cautious buyer may be interested in knowing why its for sale in the first place etc.
The overall truth is, a person wants rid of it and might as well make a bob or two to go towards a new one. But you have to accept that regardless your gonna make a loss on it but youve already made your money back on it when you used it. So it all good in the end.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 08:57:25 pm »
Ive got the exact same system mate. except mine came with 2 d.i vessels and a leisure battery

I paid £400 for it off ebay which i thought was a bargain, £2500 new (daft price)

The  R.O was running and 97% rejection, which is a big factor as membranes are costly to replace.

I sold the R.O and d.i vessels for £250 as i didnt need them

only the gullible buy these though  ???

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 09:57:10 pm »
£700 new on website, secondhand £350-400 tops