Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

it’s -3 .....5:40
« on: January 29, 2019, 05:45:26 am »
And guess who is drinking coffee in Mc Ds about to go out leafleting🙄🙄

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

DB

Re: it’s -3 .....5:40
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:09:43 pm »
What...no big breakfast this time Mike  :o

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:37:58 pm »
Are you still alive?

Ned Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:38:34 pm »
How many did you manage to get delivered and how many blisters do you have Mike? ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:14:51 am »
Another cold start to the day☃️☃️ Luckily no snow just -2,

just done an hour before my coffee here in McDs, forgot my gloves so my hands are suffering.

Some people must think i’m Mad but when I finish leafleting today I will be out cleaning carpets that I got from the leaflets I did last week, this week  I have £560 booked in from leaflets I did last week (this is not the total for the week, I have more work but they didn’t come from last weeks leaflets) which is £560 I would not have if I was  laid in bed pressing the snooze button.

A couple of quotes...

Today I will do what others won’t...... so tomorrow I can do what others can’t

&

For anyone to beat me they have to be willing to train harder than me

Every week i’m Seeing another carpet cleaner on Facebook who soon disapear,  I don’t give a rats bum.....for them to harm my business they have to be willing to do what I do....... and no one is

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 08:36:22 am »
Mike

Do you remarket to all your past customers , if so what kind of return do you get
IICRC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 11:24:28 am »
Ian the only marketing I do apart from my website is leaflets, i don’t actively contact past customers but they make up 30-40% of my work.   I leaflet the same areas every month so most of my customers get my leaflet about 4 times a year.

Some customers have me in their phone or in their email address book,  some just  search  ‘Henry Halliday’ on google.

Do you think if you never contacted your past customers they would never call you again?

I was at a seminar a couple of years ago and the speaker said........ “it cost nine times more to find New customer as it does to retain an existing one” which is a statement constantly repeated by people.... but few people know where this statement came from.

It’s a quote from a 1950s salesmen of  woman  bras whose company researched buying trends  of American woman. They stayed with the same bra manufacturer who they used in their teens, and it would cost 9 times more to convince them to buy a different make than get them to buy the same as they already used.

So today’s Gurus are selling carpet cleaners an idea based on what bras teenage American girls wear🙄🙄

neil 47

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 12:53:23 pm »
Mike

I’ve never contacted past customers as I thought the same as you , if they liked what you did they would come back .

And I’m easy enough to find on google

Thanks
IICRC

Robin Ray

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 04:41:37 pm »
And guess who is drinking coffee in Mc Ds about to go out leafleting🙄🙄

Crikey that's dedication for you, I was still tucked up in bed. Keep up the good work.

derikraven

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 06:04:16 am »
  -12 here in Inverness this morning

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 08:34:55 am »

I guess you are not out leafleting then☃️❄️⛄️💨😊

Steven Butler

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 05:04:06 pm »
Proper commitment that Mike....

Why don’t you set up a small side business and deliver other people’s leaflets at the same time so you get paid for delivering your own?? 

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 05:38:56 pm »
Proper commitment that Mike....

Why don’t you set up a small side business and deliver other people’s leaflets at the same time so you get paid for delivering your own??

Sound like a good idea until you think about it in more detail,  I could get maximum £40/1000 delivering someone else’s leaflet with mine,  but my leaflet gets the homeowners full attention if it was put out with another leaflet it would get less attention. if this caused me to get one less job  then putting out the other leaflet would actually cost me £80

derikraven

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:28 am »

I guess you are not out leafleting then☃️❄️⛄️💨😊
No Mike , I wasn't out delivering leaflets but I was out cleaning caravan carpets at Nairn caravan park.

RPCCS

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 01:07:37 pm »
So Mike are you saying you don't contact previous customers? But you flyer the same areas over a few months?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 01:20:38 pm »
So Mike are you saying you don't contact previous customers? But you flyer the same areas over a few months?

Yes

RPCCS

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 04:15:49 pm »
Do you find it works covering the same area ?  Just looking for marketing advice from a seasoned pro like yourself, as I am struggling to get work, haven't had any independent work since start of December, a couple from existing window cleaning customers came in, and one or two lined up for when the weather improves. Going to set up a fb page too. Going out flyering next weekend, and going to try local weekly paper again for a couple of weeks. I already have ads in local church and community magazines. Ps apologies for thread hijack.
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 05:18:53 pm »
Years ago (15?)  I used a company to put out my leaflets they were incredibly reliable and often delivered another carpet cleaning leaflet ,  I agreed I would do the full delivery 20,000 every month which was nearly every house in my local town  and she promised never to deliver another carpet cleaners leaflet in my town.  This arrangement lasted about 8yrs. so every house In my town received 12 of my leaflets every year a total of  96 leaflets over the 8yrs

This cost me the amount of money I earned in a morning, I used to think that the money I earned on Monday morning kept me in work 5 days a week ( often 6 days)

For the past years I have either employed my own guy to deliver the leaflets or done them myself.

You probably guess I am a massive believer in the power of leaflets. If enough go out you  are guaranteed to get work,

Persistent intensity 😎😎

RPCCS

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:09 pm »
I have about 700 leaflets to het dropped, will be getting more pnce these are gone. Luckily I get them at cost, as my neighbour works for a printing company, and I have done him loads of favours, so he returns tje good turn for me
Cheers Rich

Jennifer w

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 03:39:15 pm »
Mike,

That's real commitment.

Do you, or anyone here think that delivering leaflets really early may annoy the householder, as in wake them up, or disturb the dog......or both?

Just wondering?

Jen

Mike Halliday

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 05:08:21 pm »
Dogs are one  problem,  the odd person who opens the  door just as you are about to post the leaflet and sees me stood there in my fullface balaclava  and dies of a heart attack is another  but usually I can post the leaflet without any disturbance.

When it’s dark I don’t wander round the house looking for the door or letterbox either

Jennifer w

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 05:50:17 pm »
That's funny.!!!, full balaclava!!!

It's only ever the leaflets on Election Day that get delivered early where I am now.!!!