UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Gum on block paving

(1/2) > >>

cohen:
Any ideas on gum removal??large large area heavily gummed.. entrance way to a cinema so loads of old and new globs..I’ve used freeze spray on a small job , but this is to big...i just don’t seem to get full removal from past jobs..I’m running a big Honda 360 with 21 lt pm from an inter pump ,so power is not the issue...I have never run a hot box ,is this the way??chemical??Its a plum job but has to be done perfectly!!!!!any advice

Smudger:
Heat

we have hotbox's that steam 150 degrees - chewing gum has no chance

you can hire a hot pressure washer they can get to 120 degrees - you would need electric supply ( usually ) and that will do the job

Darran

Matt.:
Hello Darran

Are u using a generator to power ur hot boxes, as having an electrical supply is the reason I have not bothered picking one up.

Matt

Smudger:
Hi Matt -

my Hotbox's are diesel but you need 240 supply for the ignition for this I use a 2Kva Genny - if I had thought harder about it I would have got the version that runs off a 12v battery

I know the hire pressure washers will need mains supply and won't run off a genny - well not off mine that are 6.5 Kva

Darran

Mike Halliday:
A hotbox requires very little power (it’s just a fan) a big enough transformer should run it from a machine or van 12v supply.

My mates runs his van pack burner from the van battery with a transformer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version