UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Can you use multiple 4040 filters in an ro system ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Spruce:

--- Quote from: Smudger on January 03, 2019, 08:04:30 pm ---Has/Is anyone doing this ?

I'm not after more output but trying to get longer life out of the filters - normally they last 12 to 14 months before I start to use resin but this last one has gone south in just under 6 months

if I had 2 filters would this just increase the water output capacity or get a lower TDS reading ?

and how would they fit together ?

cheers

Darran

--- End quote ---

Weren't you going to look at Vin's setup from Perfect Windows using with a di vessel and granulated carbon fines as a prefilter Darran?

Perfect Windows:
If you're getting months from a 4040 membrane (you say filters but I assume you mean membrane) then there's a problem that a second 4040 won't fix.

I struggle to remember but I think my current 4040 is roughly six years old. Input is 300-400 depending on season, output 9-12 depending on temperature, season and whatever else makes it change. Its lowest was (I think) 8 when brand spanking new. I think I went through four or so in my first couple of years.  I lose track now, as I'm an old fart, but that all sounds about right.

I'm boring on the subject but I think you need to bleach your system to eliminate biological contamination. It's a PITA but it's much better than spending £250 every six months.  You also want a dedicated tap with a hose permanently connected if your setup allows it, so contamination doesn't get into the system.  If I disconnect the tap for any length of time, I'm very careful about where the hose connector sits.

Vin

Simon Trapani:
Are we on about membranes or prefilters? ???

Walter Mitty:
My 4040 has been in for about 9 years now.  Mind you, production has slowed and I'm getting output of around 020 from tap of 200.  It gives me about 30 litres per hour of pure.  I know those aren't great readings but they're enough for a sole trader.  I'll leave it in there as long as I can get away with it.  I reckon this will be its last winter though.

Richard Groves:
Do you use a booster pump Smudger ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version