UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Can you use multiple 4040 filters in an ro system ?

(1/5) > >>

Smudger:
Has/Is anyone doing this ?

I'm not after more output but trying to get longer life out of the filters - normally they last 12 to 14 months before I start to use resin but this last one has gone south in just under 6 months

if I had 2 filters would this just increase the water output capacity or get a lower TDS reading ?

and how would they fit together ?

cheers

Darran

John Mart:
I don’t get the huge variation. My current one is 6/7 months now and still producing 7 from 300. By far the best return. The last one was knackered after 3 months and the two before 10/12 months and by then up to 30.

david mark:
I had 2 together but found that the pressure dropped so only use 1 now

Don Kee:

--- Quote from: Smudger on January 03, 2019, 08:04:30 pm ---Has/Is anyone doing this ?

I'm not after more output but trying to get longer life out of the filters - normally they last 12 to 14 months before I start to use resin but this last one has gone south in just under 6 months

if I had 2 filters would this just increase the water output capacity or get a lower TDS reading ?

and how would they fit together ?

cheers

Darran

--- End quote ---

I would imagine this would just be the same principle as the smaller RO’s.

So if you put two 4040 membranes in series (ie the waste from the first membrane becomes the input for the second) then the second membrane would get a battering as the ingoing water (the waste from membrane one) would be much higher than the mains water.

If you put them in parallel (ie both membranes are fed from main viabthe use of a “Y piece” or whatever) then both membranes would wear (in theory) the same and evenly. But apart from producing a heck of a lot more water, you wouldn’t take any ‘load’ off either membrane.

John Mart:
Two filters will reduce your waste. Assuming you’re metered, you should save money I’d think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version