This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

GrippaReels
« on: January 02, 2019, 10:40:27 pm »
Has anyone got two of these reels side by side as shown in the picture below from the GrippaTank website?

If you zoom in, I can't see how the reel on the right can turn as the handle will hit the wheel arch. This picture must surely be just for show? And if the reel on the right had the handle on the left side it would clash with the other reel.

I'm only asking because I'm replacing our older Vivaro and will also be replacing the old petal reels. We also have another Vivaro with the Pure Freedom professional reels and they work great, but I do like the look of the Grippa ones. I think they're gonna be too big side by side though.

Splash & dash

Re: GrippaReels
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:15:01 pm »
Looks like you are right , go for the electric reels and you could mount them close together as no handles would be needed , just a thought .

Den68

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 08:26:20 am »
Has anyone got two of these reels side by side as shown in the picture below from the GrippaTank website?

If you zoom in, I can't see how the reel on the right can turn as the handle will hit the wheel arch. This picture must surely be just for show? And if the reel on the right had the handle on the left side it would clash with the other reel.

I'm only asking because I'm replacing our older Vivaro and will also be replacing the old petal reels. We also have another Vivaro with the Pure Freedom professional reels and they work great, but I do like the look of the Grippa ones. I think they're gonna be too big side by side though.

this is why I like the power up hd or if you want manual the proloc as they are narrow and don’t take up valuable space.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:02:26 am »
I have two vans both with 2 man delivery systems. I’m not buying four electric reels! :o

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 10:31:45 am »

Good Morning,

Additional pictures of installs done over the last 12 months have being added to the GrippaReel page this week, but in the meantime, please some examples attached.  https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-v1-professional-stainless-steel-water-reel-manual-electric

The example image you have above is of a VW transporter, which is one of the "thinner" vans - but this is in daily use by a client in Somerset, with both reels fully usable - the handles do not clash with the wheel arch or side of the vehicle.

Please see further examples attached - any further questions do please contact us on enquiries@grippatank.co.uk
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 11:08:26 am »
That new image is of two electric reels is it not? Ideally I would like to see two manual reels, left & right handed in a new shape Vivaro. Basically so both handles are on the inside.

I still can’t see how in the original pic how the handle can be turned past the wheel arch though?

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:17:16 am »
That new image is of two electric reels is it not? Ideally I would like to see two manual reels, left & right handed in a new shape Vivaro. Basically so both handles are on the inside.

I still can’t see how in the original pic how the handle can be turned past the wheel arch though?
Good Morning.

The image above is, but the images added to the website also show the hand cranked versions - do please feel free to follow the link as advised above.

The vehicle in question is a long wheel base version - and is installed fair enough back from the wheel arches to be operational. I can see what you mean thou - the perspective on the image is slightly misleading!
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 02:39:57 pm »
Come on Simon , Grippa would not do that to a custie, although they did wind Daz the sucker up for a laugh when he went hot .
But fitting a reel that don’t turn would be mean 😆🤣
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

david mark

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 04:30:23 pm »
I've got 2 of there reels one in each van the only problem is the banjo fitting will leek after a few months but the the reel itself is excellent

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 04:50:04 pm »
Take a look at the x line reel, it's thin and work very well.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 05:45:40 pm »
I've got 2 of there reels one in each van the only problem is the banjo fitting will leek after a few months but the the reel itself is excellent

i wouldnt be happy if the fitting started leaking.....my pure freedom reelmaster has an unbelievable heavy duty fitting on the side of the reel as standard which never leaks.....
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 06:19:51 pm »
Come on Simon , Grippa would not do that to a custie, although they did wind Daz the sucker up for a laugh when he went hot .
But fitting a reel that don’t turn would be mean 😆🤣
I like the look of the GrippaReels. They just seem to have a large footprint. I once ordered two of the Reelworks 460's from Gardiner's & had to return as they were so big. Cost me a re-stocking fee as well although that was fair enough as it was my mistake.

I couldn't see the link Grippa posted earlier on my mobile, only the picture uploaded on here for some reason. I just thought the original pic might have been just for marketing & not been practical in real world use.

Weighing up the cost I'm leaning towards my tried & tested Pure Freedom reels as shown in my other van below.

david mark

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 09:02:12 pm »
The Grippatank reels are far better than those

Simon Trapani

Re: GrippaReels New
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 10:03:40 pm »
Probably, but very much more expensive because I would want them in stainless steel & with the guide roller.  £400 a pop.

dd

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 09:10:23 am »
Probably, but bery much more expensive because I would want them in stainless steel & with the guide roller.  £400 a pop.
I have had my Hannay reel 13 years and thus far not changed a single part on it. If a reel lasts over 10 years £400 is not really expensive.