Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

Re: Rinsing on
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2019, 12:17:49 pm »
Yes, thanks Spotfree - great description. I used mine this afternoon for the first time - I was definitely quicker though it was hard to change my method - 13 years wfp creates long standing habits! I’ve always lingered too long on the glass so anything that will allow me to speed up but maintain quality is great. I’m using a 26cm DuPont Medium Hybrid - which I love - but it may splay a bit too much.

I’ll keep experimenting!

It does "twist yoyr melon" a bit at first as I was used to scrubbing and rinsing seperatly, now they're combined!
Once you get used to it, and have been checking your work when dried you'll be much more confident and a lot quicker with it. I place a lot of emphasis on quality, I dont have to compromise with a rinse bar. In fact the quality is better, its quicker, use less water and less fatuige. Win,win,win,win!

Explain what those who dont use a rinse bar are compromising on ?

Trying something new and being open-minded!

No seriously though nothing at all, I can't speak for others, only myself and my own experience. I re-read my post and can't see any implications there.

I personally feel that if using 2 pencil jets, that high flow causes overspray. I cant "rinse on" on hydrophobic glass as it just doesn't do a good job I know this for a fact as countless times I have seen the results and they're not good enough for me.

I like to try new things and give them an honest and thorough testing (been using rinse bars for over a year). Through that, I come to the conclusion that a rinse bar has many benefits. I can say that because I have tested it properly in all situations and its something I KNOW. Not something I am merely speculating about.

I resisted using an extreme brush for years because Id got it into my head that it wasn't up to the job, its only when I realised that others where using them successfully that I seen sense, if you are not getting good and quick results using pencil jets then its to do with your skills or mindset and not the jets, how do I know this, because others can use them successfully, if using whatever gimmick you need makes YOU better or more confident at your job then why not use it but to say its a game changer when others have already proved its not needed only makes you sound foolish.
Why do you think the more sensible hot users on here just say they like using it and don t make silly unproven claims about using it ? think about that.

Dry clean...your missing the bleedin point mate. I'm not saying its a game changer for everyone else, I couldn't give a flying monkeys about what anyone else is or isn't doing.

Its change my game, that's it. That's all I'm saying. I can't get the hydrophobic glass perfect without rinsing off so I use a rinse bar and that's changed things for me.

If you want to imply that I am less of a window cleaner than you because I cant get the glass to my own standards with 2 pencil jets then it's ok with me.

I would love to be able to but haven't yet found a way that works, maybe you could show me? Or are you only on here to have a go at others? I don't recall you posting anything of help here before? Only causing rows and calling other people out. Sad really mate.

Stoots

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2019, 12:20:41 pm »
I think whilst you may be correct dry clean it's important not to dismiss things so easily and at least be open minded.

Look at daz with his leccy reel.....he swore blind there was no advantage to them, ask him now.

Personally I can see how not having to lift the brush up in itself is an advantage as that does cause fatigue especially on awkward angles and I believe rinsing on does not produce good enough results on phobic glass.

Whether or not a rinse bar will be faster I have no idea but I have ordered one and would rather find out for myself.

Spotfree

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2019, 12:27:51 pm »
I think whilst you may be correct dry clean it's important not to dismiss things so easily and at least be open minded.

Look at daz with his leccy reel.....he swore blind there was no advantage to them, ask him now.

Personally I can see how not having to lift the brush up in itself is an advantage as that does cause fatigue especially on awkward angles and I believe rinsing on does not produce good enough results on phobic glass.

Whether or not a rinse bar will be faster I have no idea but I have ordered one and would rather find out for myself.

Well said, honestly I think dry clean just likes sitting on the sidelines and waiting for a chance to ruffle a few feathers. Some mothers do av em...

Dry Clean

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2019, 12:47:04 pm »

Well said, honestly I think dry clean just likes sitting on the sidelines and waiting for a chance to ruffle a few feathers. Some mothers do av em...

True, most of the more experienced types on here have read all this nonsense before and just let you guys get on with things, I just cant resist.

Spotfree

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2019, 12:54:29 pm »

True, most of the more experienced types on here have read all this nonsense before and just let you guys get on with things, I just cant resist.

So in your mind if I'm trying something new it makes me inexperienced? I would say the more stuff you try the more experience you have.

If you like to stick with innovations from 15 years ago then great for you. I love trying new stuff as it keeps the work interesting. Variety is the spice of life.

Dry Clean

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2019, 12:58:40 pm »

Iv a garage full of window cleaning junk that would more than prove that I'm opened minded, we have all been there, Dazmond actually made a valid and sensible point about the electric reel, if you're not doing much reeling in over the day then its not going to save you much in physical energy which is different to saying that it wont be an advantage to anybody,  its only when he's needs to justify something to himself that he goes into silly mode.

Dry Clean

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2019, 01:22:10 pm »

So in your mind if I'm trying something new it makes me inexperienced? I would say the more stuff you try the more experience you have.

If you like to stick with innovations from 15 years ago then great for you. I love trying new stuff as it keeps the work interesting. Variety is the spice of life.

99% of all new window cleaning innovation is rubbish, its experience and knowledge that keeps us from buying 100%  of all new window cleaning innovation, do you get where Im going with this.

jonny thompson

« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2019, 01:59:26 pm »
Been wfp for 9 years, got over 650 customers, I’ve always used pencil jets which do a great job, I’ve been using the rinse bar for 2 weeks now, it’s still doing a great job, but quicker and it’s so much easier not rinsing off the glass on upstairs windows,I personally would never go back to pencil jets
Regards a very experienced window cleaner 👍

Dry Clean

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2019, 06:06:26 pm »
Been wfp for 9 years, got over 650 customers, I’ve always used pencil jets which do a great job, I’ve been using the rinse bar for 2 weeks now, it’s still doing a great job, but quicker and it’s so much easier not rinsing off the glass on upstairs windows,I personally would never go back to pencil jets

Wow it took you  9 years and a silly gimmick to come to the conclusion that you didn't need to rinse off the glass, maybe there is a demand for proper training in this game.

jonny thompson

« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2019, 06:33:00 pm »
A rinse bar is no more a gimmick than jets, all that matters is what u earn a day and the quality of your work, if u can up your hourly rate with a gimmick, then keep them coming

Spotfree

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2019, 07:07:46 pm »

Wow it took you  9 years and a silly gimmick to come to the conclusion that you didn't need to rinse off the glass, maybe there is a demand for proper training in this game.

You want training dry clean, with a gimp mask and a 12"er.

robbo333

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2019, 07:23:44 pm »
I've just spat my drink out!!!!!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2019, 10:29:12 pm »
I've just spat my drink out!!!!!  ;D

Probably better that than what dry Clean would be spittin out  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Missing Link

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2019, 11:33:25 pm »
Six pages about rinsing a window.

I just rinse on for upstairs.

Rinse off, usually, for downstairs.

I don't think it really matters much.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2019, 07:18:03 am »

Den68

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2019, 06:33:18 pm »
Reply to Den,

Are Gardiners bringing the 35cm rinse bar out,,??

Dazzler

I would like to think so..... as the one that I use works perfect with the 35cm extreme medium hybrid for bristle  firmness Best combination I have,
 I also use the 26cm with a ultimate medium  as I have a few properties where the windows are to narrow for the 35cm.

Have said it before that these bars pay for there self in one day when your going home at least a hour early.

Until I started using the rinsebar I thought  I had the fastest set up possible, extreme pole, extreme and ultimate brushes and tubless,  I pull up grab pole as it’s alway connected (unless I need to change my pole), clean house hang pole up still connected to reel, press button for hose reel then drive to next job.  Now with the rinsebar it’s so much quicker as  a wall of water is following the brush rinsing away debris that maybe the brush would have left behind with Thad fatigue of ever lifting the brush off the glass.

windowswashed

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2019, 06:57:08 pm »
Rinsing on is quicker than rinsing off either with  rinse bar or 4-8 jets fitted, on hydrophobic glass. Less fatigue rinsing on than off. Not everyone agrees, everyone has different views, that's their choice.

windowswashed

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2019, 08:04:17 pm »
Reply to Den,

Are Gardiners bringing the 35cm rinse bar out,,??

Dazzler

I would like to think so..... as the one that I use works perfect with the 35cm extreme medium hybrid for bristle  firmness Best combination I have,
 I also use the 26cm with a ultimate medium  as I have a few properties where the windows are to narrow for the 35cm.

Have said it before that these bars pay for there self in one day when your going home at least a hour early.

Until I started using the rinsebar I thought  I had the fastest set up possible, extreme pole, extreme and ultimate brushes and tubless,  I pull up grab pole as it’s alway connected (unless I need to change my pole), clean house hang pole up still connected to reel, press button for hose reel then drive to next job.  Now with the rinsebar it’s so much quicker as  a wall of water is following the brush rinsing away debris that maybe the brush would have left behind with Thad fatigue of ever lifting the brush off the glass.

I used a wide rinse bar today, do most days. Had sash windows and a mixture of the windows were too narrow for the brush, I couldn't be bothered to get a narrow rinse bar out and swap over so I turned the brush head 90 degrees, still worked

Dave Willis

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2019, 08:11:01 pm »
Can’t be arsed to read the pages. I use an Ultimate Dupont that has gone out of shape a fair bit. How does the rinse bar reach over the bristles? Pics required I think!

Spotfree

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2019, 08:17:55 pm »
Can’t be arsed to read the pages. I use an Ultimate Dupont that has gone out of shape a fair bit. How does the rinse bar reach over the bristles? Pics required I think!

It doesnt, not on the ultimate dupont. Too much splay, you need more appropriate brush.