Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleanevangelist

Guys

You might want to read this report

https://ianharper.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Summary-the-burden-of-infectious-diseases-is-everyones-responsibility.pdf

Here is one quote that will be of interest to us as cleaners

“This means recognising that the main sources of harmful microbes are not places which are ‘dirty’, but contaminated foods, domestic animals (pets), and people who are infected or are healthy carriers of potentially harmful microbes. Since the presence of these potential sources in the home is inevitable,”

So when I say we should be cleaning carpets that are not visibly dirty this is where I am coming from.  The absence of dirt is not clean. As most people link clean with hygiene. The use of before and after images are not what we should be using as clean

Lots more facts in the report another one is cold water washing clothes (fabrics) so if you cold wash carpets  you should be spraying after.

Respects

Ian Harper

Mike Halliday

Re: Summary the burden of infectious diseases is everyone's responsibility
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 06:50:42 am »
Ian how do you suggest we clean a carpet to combat infectious  disease and what chemicals should we use?

Here is an interesting article about infectious Disease control within nursing homes which I think is a good example of a place that needs procedures in place to combat this problem.....

https://www.nursingtimes.net/clinical-archive/infection-control/infection-outbreaks-in-care-homes-prevention-and-management/7020846.article

But nowhere does it mention cleaning (especially carpet cleaning) it puts the emphasis on staff hygiene.

How much difference can we really make to disease  control within the home by just cleaning the carpets?.....& would we actually make more of a difference by handing out sachets of  alcohol gel and a leaflet  bestowing  the need of handwashing.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dutchman