This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: DIY diesel heater.....
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2019, 04:26:56 pm »
More new toys from China 😁
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Jonny 87

« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2019, 08:24:58 am »
New toys are always fun.  ;D

Sorry if I missed it, but did you post details of your pressure relief valve?

I’m looking to fit one to mine as an experiment. Save me running both pumps all the time. Any chance of a link please?

Thanks P@F.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2019, 08:40:10 am »

I’m looking to fit one to mine as an experiment. Save me running both pumps all the time. Any chance of a link please?

Thanks P@F.

just run one pump then jonny......and plug it back into return valves in between jobs.....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2019, 09:13:31 am »
I think Jonny is trying to avoid having the heater shut down when packing away Daz .
I will get a link up in a minute Jonny

P @ F

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2019, 09:31:47 am »
This is the one I use at the moment  2 bar about 35psi it opens up .
You can get a 3 bar over the counter at the plumbers merchant , these open up at about 55psi , both work well but the 2 bar works better with my setup by opening a little bit sooner .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Bar-1-2-FBSP-x-FBSP-Pressure-Relief-Valve/152118006420?hash=item236af09294:g:L2IAAOSwimdXowqn

Jonny 87

« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2019, 12:25:32 pm »

Thanks P@F.

just run one pump then jonny......and plug it back into return valves in between jobs.....

Pressure relief valve is far easier mate. Plus mine does go into standby mode when I’m walkjng back to the van sometimes.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2019, 12:26:24 pm »
This is the one I use at the moment  2 bar about 35psi it opens up .
You can get a 3 bar over the counter at the plumbers merchant , these open up at about 55psi , both work well but the 2 bar works better with my setup by opening a little bit sooner .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Bar-1-2-FBSP-x-FBSP-Pressure-Relief-Valve/152118006420?hash=item236af09294:g:L2IAAOSwimdXowqn

Top man.

Thanks P@F.

dazmond

« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2019, 03:17:40 pm »
I think Jonny is trying to avoid having the heater shut down when packing away Daz .
I will get a link up in a minute Jonny

it wont shut down if you plug it into return valves....mine never shuts down until i turn it off at the end of the day.....

dazmond

« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2019, 03:22:23 pm »

Thanks P@F.

Pressure relief valve is far easier mate. Plus mine does go into standby mode when I’m walkjng back to the van sometimes.

it goes into "half heat " mode but soon fires back up when you plug the return valves in....if yours is shutting down then you must walk VERY SLOWLY back to the van..... ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2019, 12:30:28 pm »

Thanks P@F.

it goes into "half heat " mode but soon fires back up when you plug the return valves in....if yours is shutting down then you must walk VERY SLOWLY back to the van..... ;D

By the time I’ve wiped out a dozen plant pots and garden gnomes, and gone back to unhook the hose off wheelie bins it definitely goes into standby.  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2019, 12:02:31 pm »
Jonny if you haven’t ordered the PRV yet don’t get the 2 bar one go with the 3 bar , I had to up the flow today and didn’t get extra at the head , all it does is open up the prv as well as the brush head , the spring inside is just too weak I think.
My 3 bar is going back on tonight!

Jonny 87

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2019, 12:09:14 pm »
Jonny if you haven’t ordered the PRV yet don’t get the 2 bar one go with the 3 bar , I had to up the flow today and didn’t get extra at the head , all it does is open up the prv as well as the brush head , the spring inside is just too weak I think.
My 3 bar is going back on tonight!

Thanks for the heads up mate. I’ve ordered the 2 bar, but I’ll get the 3 bar too. I’ll
Have a tinker and see what works best.

Does the 3 bar also have half inch female threads?

P @ F

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2019, 12:28:51 pm »
Yes but you can get them with any configuration MF ,MM, FF
3 bar you can get at any plumbing centres

P @ F

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2019, 12:34:47 pm »
Arghh , mine won’t stay shut now !
Got the 3bar in van , might change it over now !!!

P @ F

« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2019, 01:14:21 pm »
All swapped and working like a goodun again !

Jonny 87

« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2019, 01:42:51 pm »
Arghh , mine won’t stay shut now !
Got the 3bar in van , might change it over now !!!

You’ll need to work till 2pm now to get finished mate.

;D

P @ F

« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2019, 01:58:02 pm »
Better flow and for some reason hotter water now !
But I do have 3 x 4 bedders with Connies  left to do 😡
At least I don’t have to tinker tonight though !

Jonny 87

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2019, 04:18:54 pm »
Better flow and for some reason hotter water now !
But I do have 3 x 4 bedders with Connies  left to do 😡
At least I don’t have to tinker tonight though !

I wonder if the 2 bar PRV was opening up slightly during use? Meaning some hot water was getting diverted back to your tank when you didn’t want it to be.

P @ F

« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2019, 07:18:03 pm »
Thats exactly what was happening , the other thing that was happening was the valve was not shutting fully when the flow was returned to brush head , that is why the 3 bar is better as the spring inside is stronger and shuts off every time now , 2 bar must have been too close to system pressure at normal operation .

P @ F

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2019, 07:24:20 pm »
You might be alright though as Plumweb sent me a 3 bar first time round in error , they did then send the 2 bar at no charge and told me to keep the 3 bar aswell so win , win  ;D