Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Go Cardless = less tips
« on: December 10, 2018, 01:41:48 pm »
As per title. As its the time of year to get a few tips (not from those with the big cars on the driveway).  Since pushing gocardless those customers no longer pay tips as you now control the payment process.    Anyone else noticed this?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slacky

Re: Go Cardless = less tips
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:23:29 pm »
I noticed it when I went WFP, 11 years ago.

Had one tip this year, for a tenner.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 02:58:28 pm »
i used to regularly get £500+ at xmas in tips but its slowly got less and less as more customers switch to electronic payments whether its BACS or contactless/chip and pin,etc......

ill be lucky to reach the £200 mark this year but not arsed really as i always seem to earn more money every year than the year previous overall so still up on earnings although its slowing down now as i reach the max i can earn for hours worked.......
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 04:47:27 pm »
Yes but would you sooner have the hassle of collecting your payment for twelve months (if monthly obvs) just to have some tips at the end of the year.
Or
Hassle free payment year in year out and forgo some tips
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »
Yes but would you sooner have the hassle of collecting your payment for twelve months (if monthly obvs) just to have some tips at the end of the year.
Or
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »
i dont think it helps if your driving about in  newer cars and vans than some of your customers either!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 05:16:05 pm »
i dont think it helps if your driving about in  newer cars and vans than some of your customers either!

Agreed

jonboywalton75

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »
Or

I don't expect tips, just love the no collecting hassle free way of no collecting, which I've been on for about 15 years

LBWCS

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 05:55:54 pm »
GoCardless = flush Bank account all year round

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:05 pm »
Never had a great amount of tips bit I've been online only since I started. £50 tops most years.

I think Ive had half a dozen or so tips but just a few quid or a fiver at beat. I'm on about £30 or so I think :P

John Mart

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 09:32:58 am »
I posted a picture of my tips on Facebook and some of the chaps got very angry.

cleaniac

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 12:06:27 pm »
8 weekly.. are you sure they arent just Bank of Pryor leaflets?

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 01:32:43 pm »
And the old tenners 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 08:23:11 pm »
i put a £5 on every customer in december

now there people on here who believed that as well  ;D ;D ;D ;D

brianbarber

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 09:13:07 pm »
I was literally thinking this today
Definitely with any electronic payments there is often little or no face to face contact with your customer.
  This is just the way things are going.
Possibly ten years ago either cash or cheque.
 It’s also even the quotes, some come in via text or email, again some customers I may not meet them for a year or two,only seeing them should they be on holiday from work etc.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 09:45:24 pm »
Overall I'd much rather not see them all year than get tips.

Pull up clean and post a note is much better than pull up, knock, chat, knock again, rumage for purse. I've got no money can you come back tonight but don't worry I'll give you two quid extra at Christmas.

Keep your tips just make sure the gate is unlocked and you are signed up to go cardless.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 10:11:31 am »
I don't care about tips as long as they pay on time :)

cleaniac

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 11:30:12 am »
Tips make cash flow worse. You get a customer who tips you a cash 20 and then they sit on the actual window cleaning bill for2 weeks extra arguing to themselves its acceptable they can delay payment due to the massive tip they left at the beginning of the week.

Frustrating to say the least..GC stopped that.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 03:11:54 pm »
Tips make cash flow worse. You get a customer who tips you a cash 20 and then they sit on the actual window cleaning bill for2 weeks extra arguing to themselves its acceptable they can delay payment due to the massive tip they left at the beginning of the week.

Sorry but I’ve never found this to be the case, I find tippers appreciate the service provided and are always prompt payers.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 03:47:42 pm »

Sorry but I’ve never found this to be the case, I find tippers appreciate the service provided and are always prompt payers.

i agree the tippers all pay their window cleaning bill promptly,I got a xmas card with a tenner in today off a customer plus a coffee AND payment for the windows before i even started on his property.... :)

its customers like these that brighten up a dull day..... :)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 12:55:40 pm »
Overall I'd much rather not see them all year than get tips.

Pull up clean and post a note is much better than pull up, knock, chat, knock again, rumage for purse. I've got no money can you come back tonight but don't worry I'll give you two quid extra at Christmas.

Keep your tips just make sure the gate is unlocked and you are signed up to go cardless.

Totally agree
For a couple of straight years I got around
£300.00 each year, now it's down to next to nothing, but I don't have to deal with the infernal public at large, much better.
Splash it and dash it😁😁

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 04:46:21 pm »
i used to get £500+ every year for years in the noughties,bottles of wine,cans of lager,chocolates etc.....

last year it was around £400,this year im up to £124 currently......(no booze or chocolates!) :'( ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 06:31:18 pm »
I seem to get less tips on wfp than i did on trad tools. I think this is for two reasons.
The first being that my prices are higher and they possibly think they pay enough already.
The second, they think they pay me enough for the time that im there.  Im sure if i took it really slowly cleaning their house like it took on trad tools then this wouldnt be a problem
 ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 06:48:11 pm »
i used to get £500+ every year for years in the noughties,bottles of wine,cans of lager,chocolates etc.....

last year it was around £400,this year im up to £124 currently......(no booze or chocolates!) :'( ;D

You're cheating though aren't you Daz as you spend many hours collecting each year😊

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 06:57:31 pm »

You're cheating though aren't you Daz as you spend many hours collecting each year😊

not many these days now mate...im down to around 2 hours a month now.......i used to do 3 or 4 hours a week in the nineties!! :o ;D

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 07:00:56 pm »
i hate buying booze as i dont drink anymore so any bottles of beer and wine i used to get given off my customers were given away to family and friends so now i have to buy the odd bottle! ::)roll.....oh well its only once a year thank God! ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 07:08:00 pm »
I seem to get less tips on wfp than i did on trad tools. I think this is for two reasons.
The first being that my prices are higher and they possibly think they pay enough already.
The second, they think they pay me enough for the time that im there.  Im sure if i took it really slowly cleaning their house like it took on trad tools then this wouldnt be a problem
 ;D

Having to pay to have their melted concrete repaired might also have something to do with it, lol

jonboywalton75

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 07:20:38 pm »

not many these days now mate...im down to around 2 hours a month now.......i used to do 3 or 4 hours a week in the nineties!! :o ;D

2 hours a month at £50 an hour
Blooming heck!!, I'll stick to  NO collecting😁😁