Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: sodium hypochlorite 15%
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 05:27:28 pm »
On the advise of another window cleaner, I now use Flash liquid.

It does the job brilliantly.

So it might but it also causes cancer !!!!!

I actually rung clover chemicals to ask them weather I could mix their surfactant with hypo, they said it wouldn’t cause any harm at all.

So I’m not sure about those claims.

However I would definitely use caution, I’ve started using only a small amount of surfactant in my softwash mix as I found it wasn’t really necessary, I still get good results without it being really ‘sticky’

We’re outside in the fresh air which helps. It’s cleaners who work with bleach all day 5 days a week that I think are at risk.

I would ask them to put that in writing and supply mdsa sheets to prove what they have said , they won’t and cannot as that is total rubbish this is the whole problem when stockists make these false statements it is illegal to add anything to bleach/ hypo unless it has specifically be made to do so and does not cause adverse effects such as halothorms and chloroquine s that are known cancer causing agents . Just adding washing up liquid to hypo will cause this and how many people openly advise using it as a surficant , be very careful what you are using especially if you employ as it will come back and bite you on the bum

zesty

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 01:23:20 pm »
I don’t employ splash, but I’d be interested in any formal proof that washing up liquid mixed with bleach is a cause for concern.

I’ve been thinking of using ‘softwash surfactant’ from bonymans. Looks good, and is safe (unless they are lying, in which case they’d be in serious trouble)

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »
ammonyx Lo
Is safe and very good
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

brianbarber

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 02:18:28 pm »
Just use bleach.

For fsg etc I always wack a bit in.

In my van I carry all purpose cleaner, washing up liquid, bleach and cream cleaner.

All usually Asda smart price or similar cheap supermarket brands.

Mix them all together in spray bottle for a lovely blend of cladding/Conny/fsg cleaner.

Simple supermarket ingredients, no need for virosol/tfr/hypo and all that jazz

All purpose cleaner is a degreaser like G101, flash or virosol but a bit thinner as it's cheaper, just use it neat .. it's like 25p for 500ml.

Bleach is well like weak hypo and cheap as chips

Washing up liquid is a degreaser plus it adds a nice foam  to allow the other ingredient a to stick and dwell.

Cream cleaner is abrasive so good for restoring uPVC  and I've found that slapping some on the brush head for first cleans and cladding works really well.
Your probably not a million miles away from the gear ionics are now selling....

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 07:30:53 pm »
I don’t employ splash, but I’d be interested in any formal proof that washing up liquid mixed with bleach is a cause for concern.

I’ve been thinking of using ‘softwash surfactant’ from bonymans. Looks good, and is safe (unless they are lying, in which case they’d be in serious trouble)

I have recently been on a softwashing course and learned a lot you would think that putting washing up liquid in hypo would be pretty harmless the two products on the own are quite safe  but mix them together and they produce the things I mentioned earlier that are known cancer causing agents . By mixing certain chemicals that are quite safe on there own  you can make mustard gas , or chlorine gas, there chemicals are commonly used in the home quite safely but mix them together and the will kill you . Terrorists make explosives from chemicals commonly found in the home also it’s just a case of mixing them and you will get an explosive . Sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous, as I say I learned a lot and have altered the way I do things now , again don’t believe all you see or read on the internet or YouTube there is a lot of false and misleading information out there

zesty

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 09:05:11 am »
I agree you can never be to cautious, but it’s hard to find any information at all on fairy and bleach being dangerous.

It needs to be ammonia and bleach to create mustard gas. Anyway, I think I will use the bonymans softwash surfactant to be safe.