Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wolfman

Vikan brush for wall cleaning?
« on: November 21, 2018, 10:35:48 pm »
Got an SLX Gardiner pole.  Should I get a Vikan brush to put on it for wall cleaning?if not, what brushes are recommended for cleaning walls?

Smudger

Re: Vikan brush for wall cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 02:58:00 pm »
Why would you use any brush for wall cleaning ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Wolfman

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 10:12:02 am »
Why would you use any brush for wall cleaning ?

Darran

Is no expert, just thought if it's a bit dirt and not that bad to aggravate the wall with  tfr or hypo or whatever before rinsing.

This company in Northern Ireland recommended Vikan brushes.  Gardiner said some people use their stiffest brushes but they aren't designed for walls

joe34

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 09:06:46 pm »
I some times use my brush I've got a Gardiner cladding brush .The guy I work with preferes to just to spray on and let it dwell but I think you sometimes get a better results working it into the render.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 10:08:14 pm »
Depending what we are doing we spray the wall , sometimes we apply it through the brush adjitation will always give better results the dirt might look like it’s gone but generally most of it is still there it’s just translucent we have tried various methods like this over 10 years and it’s always better with a light scrub , we use normal stiff Gardiners supream brushes old ones that are no longer any good for the windows