This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeff Brimble

Re: Self built backpack
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 07:58:58 pm »
Buy two toggle switches. If rt handed mount one on the side at bottm right when on your back, so that you can keep left hand, upper on the pole and just drop your right base hand to the toggle to give it a flick. Mount the other at the top of the unit to use when in grab and go mode- saves bending to the bottom toggle. Neat pity we cannot buy just the bare bpac units to adapt ourselves.

H h20

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 08:09:49 pm »
Hi Jeff,im going to look at a few different  switches,do you have any links to 12v switches and yes it`s a pity you can`t buy the backpack on their own  :(,Gaz  ;)

matt

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 08:49:43 pm »
gaz, when you get it done

post it on the DIY forum, i will then move it to the showcase bit ;)

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 09:01:12 pm »
Gaz

What was the total cost against a purchased one??

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 09:08:17 pm »
No links try Maplins or motor world accessories etc. You may want to steer clear of rocker or micro switches for alarms etc the wirings not thick enough and the spade connectors are too small.You dont need illuminated ones.  Mount vertical and parallel so it doesnt stick out. You may want to think of fitting a remote switch later. Stick most things on temporary with pvc tape in case you want to juggle things around. Mines still held together with tape glue velcro and chewing gum  :) Just bought a car radio for a £1 for mine  :)
Pity we cant have the fastest  "wacky backpack races"  8)

H h20

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 10:07:14 pm »
Gaz

What was the total cost against a purchased one??
Hi Jeff,it`s cost me about £110,im not sure how much the cheapest Shurflo is,Gaz  ;)

H h20

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 10:08:06 pm »
gaz, when you get it done

post it on the DIY forum, i will then move it to the showcase bit ;)
Will do Matt  ;D,Gaz  ;)

H h20

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 10:09:23 pm »
No links try Maplins or motor world accessories etc. You may want to steer clear of rocker or micro switches for alarms etc the wirings not thick enough and the spade connectors are too small.You dont need illuminated ones.  Mount vertical and parallel so it doesnt stick out. You may want to think of fitting a remote switch later. Stick most things on temporary with pvc tape in case you want to juggle things around. Mines still held together with tape glue velcro and chewing gum  :) Just bought a car radio for a £1 for mine  :)
Pity we cant have the fastest  "wacky backpack races"  8)
Fitting a car radio now there`s an idea Jeff  :D,Gaz  ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 10:11:36 pm »
I like to wake people up.

matt

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 11:06:10 pm »
ref the switches

i use the Chrome Toggle type, they last ages and look the biz