UK General Cleaning Forum > General Cleaning Forum

Brick Cleaning

<< < (2/4) > >>

Status Check:
Hello Chris,
Thanks for the info. I think it's beyond my remit at the moment. Just out of interest what would you charge just to clean the front facade?

Smudger:
Picture would be good

Are they Suffolk yellows? Or  a red  brick ?

Is it organic matter your removing or  black carbon from traffic ?

Hot is defo required but if you have a pic I can give you some idea of what you need

Darran

Smudger:
Nice house

I suggest you hire yourself a hot pressure washer one that can get to 120 degrees - use a 15 degree nozzle - this will clean the majority of the red brick no problem at all.  for the darker areas and the sandstone with carborization I use Tensid heavy duty restoration chemical use as directed then steam and you'll have lovely brickwork.

I can't find my before and afters of some of our more challenging work but below is a oiccy of ivy removal just using steam

use this technique and you won't damage the bricks or mortar

Splash & dash:

--- Quote from: Smudger on November 19, 2018, 09:03:42 pm ---Nice house

I suggest you hire yourself a hot pressure washer one that can get to 120 degrees - use a 15 degree nozzle - this will clean the majority of the red brick no problem at all.  for the darker areas and the sandstone with carborization I use Tensid heavy duty restoration chemical use as directed then steam and you'll have lovely brickwork.

I can't find my before and afters of some of our more challenging work but below is a oiccy of ivy removal just using steam

use this technique and you won't damage the bricks or mortar

--- End quote ---

Nice job looks very good customer must be delighted with that ,out of intrest how long did it take ?

Smudger:
Over the moon with it

we had a landscape company cut it down ( I hate doing that part of the job ) as it was very thick

the actual cleaning as you see it there was 5 hours for a single man - we used a small spider lift for the job - the ivy was also around the corner top to bottom for about 6 feet

Darran

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version