Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

Rinse bar users.
« on: November 14, 2018, 08:34:24 am »
Do you run them with the jets hitting the bristles or with the jets going over?

I have always tried to get the jets going over the top, but when the brush splays it covers the jets.

I have been using the rinse bar on the tucker dual trim as the splay is not excessive, but its a beast at over 300 gramms.

I last night fitted the rinse bar on the dupont ultimate, the rinse lands on the top of the splaying bristles. It gives the effect of "licking" the window with the bristles. I'll be using it all day to see how I get on.

I try to get the jets over the bristles because I feel that the rinse would be cleaner, thinking about it though the bristles should be clean anyway as they are constantly being rinsed off.

windowswashed

Re: Rinse bar users.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 06:00:23 pm »
Ideally the jets on the rinse bar want to be just above the bristles whilst the brush is resting on the glass until you apply pressure to the pole so that when the brush splays it covers the curtain of water from the rinse bar. That way you can prevent water going any higher than you want it to whilst cleaning the top of frame  :)
I find it helps turning the brush into the corner of the frame or glass like you would if you were cleaning traditionally with a blade on some windows and new cleans.

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »
Just get the x-line fan-jets.

dd

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 06:10:40 pm »

I have always tried to get the jets going over the top, but when the brush splays it covers the jets.

I have been using the rinse bar on the tucker dual trim as the splay is not excessive, but its a beast at over 300 gramms.

I last night fitted the rinse bar on the dupont ultimate, the rinse lands on the top of the splaying bristles. It gives the effect of "licking" the window with the bristles. I'll be using it all day to see how I get on.

I try to get the jets over the bristles because I feel that the rinse would be cleaner, thinking about it though the bristles should be clean anyway as they are constantly being rinsed off.
I thought you had the xline dupont? 209g

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 06:16:49 pm »
Excellent!

This is how I have been cleaning with it today, on the Dupont ultimate the bristles will go in front of the rinse when splayed. Its a completely different way of cleaning and I have to say it's been effortless and probably 30% quicker. As I get more used to the setup I'm sure I'm going to get quicker too.

When using the rinse bar in the past I have been trying to get the rinse to go over the top of the bristles but that meant raising the rinse bar right up which I didn't like. Also, I was washing the top frame sideways, today I have been able to wash the top frame head on which has been so much easier and more accurate.

I have found that with hydrophilic glass the type of flow delivery used has been insignificant, it'll rinse however you like. The problem has always been hydrophobic glass, whatever I have tried nothing has sped the process up with hydrophobic glass. Even rinsing on with fan jets has caused problems as the brush left bristle marks which can and do dry dirty.

The way I have used the rinse bar today has been somewhat of a revelation for me. My work today was effortless, relaxed and quick. Perfect really. I even managed to cut in under some frames that cant be cleaned with the rinse bar, despite the fact that there is one rouge jet that fires 1/2" above the others.

I left two pencil jets fitted onto the brush just in case I felt the need to use them, I never did. I can seee me using the rinse bar exclusively from here on in.

What type of brush have you found most effective with the rinse bars?

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 06:17:01 pm »
Gardiners red dupont brush is 175g and splays nicely.

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 06:19:32 pm »

I thought you had the xline dupont? 209g

Amongst many others, yes I do. Its a very aggressive brush for cleaning frames but is not suited to all windows. It is very inaccurate if working on older windows, for new windows its fine. The bristles splay a lot and its a bit of a clumbsy brush.

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 06:21:43 pm »
Gardiners red dupont brush is 175g and splays nicely.

The ultimate? Thats what I've been using today.