This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: New heater fitted by Grippa
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:19 pm »
https://www.flogas.co.uk/transport-of-lpg-cylinders

Who are you insured with?  Interested to know which ones have small print that says if its not mentioned then assume you're covered  ;D

That’s not how any insurance company works is it.

It’s more like the other way...... “any thing not factory standard and not declared means your uninsured.”

Exactly. That's why no one confirms who they are insured with carrying gas in a closed area right next to electrical triggers.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dave Willis

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:42 pm »
Jesus, what does it take to get through to some if you? You aren’t just transporting a gas cylinder are you? You’re operating a boiler inside a van right next to a gas bottle. Don’t forget your public liabilty insurance too. Can’t see they would be impressed if they knew how stupid you are 🙄

NWH

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2018, 12:53:02 pm »
Madness if something went wrong you’ll be saying to yourself if I had to make the decision again I’d beg and borrow to get that 4 grand for a heater that’s suitable for this job get what you pay for.

Dave Willis

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2018, 12:57:51 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2018, 01:15:36 pm »

cleaniac

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2018, 01:46:17 pm »
Interesting thread there about a sealed gas cabinet. That kind of makes sense.

Will look into that.

Dry Clean

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2018, 02:20:59 pm »
Cleaniac you can buy the sealed cabinets on ebay for around £100.

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »
at the end of the day im sooooo glad im not using a cheapo gas shower heater anymore! :D :D

if your earning the money then invest and buy a decent hot system if you want hot water all year round (with frost protection)......

other trades spend thousands on their tools,much more than us window cleaners yet most guys baulk at the thought of spending a few grand on a professional set up.....

if i could have afforded it id of bought a professionally fitted diesel heater YEARS AGO!THEIR ACE! 8) rather than messing about with cheap DIY installs........you live and learn i suppose.....its been a journey! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2018, 05:09:45 pm »
If anyone wants to know what the inside of a diesel heater looks like then here is a teardown I've just watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5IKRB_NbGg

The hot water heater works in a  similar way. The difference is that it has an external water jacket instead of the fins that air is blown across to produce hot air. It has one fan to blow air into the burning chamber and a water pump to circulate to heated water.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2018, 05:59:58 pm »

This is what mine looks like.....

dazmond

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2018, 06:03:48 pm »

Reels on fire!!! ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »
Daz...... what hose are you using these days?

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerup hd.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jonboywalton75

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »

This is my new home cinema system, WHO IS IMPRESSED?????

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2018, 06:35:25 pm »

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerful hd.

It gets better after a few months buddy.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Jonny 87

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2018, 06:36:54 pm »

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerful hd.

It gets better after a few months buddy.

Ah!

That’s good to know. Must be the outer coating of it. I’ll try rough it up a bit quicker.  ;D

Thanks Mate.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2018, 06:38:09 pm »

dazmond

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2018, 06:50:19 pm »

The grippa hose seems very “clingy” if that makes sense. Much harder to reel in than my older hose and that’s with a powerup hd.

i use the pure freedom red hose because grippa/gardiners had no thermobore in stock when i got my heater installed...TBH its OK....all hose takes a while to wear in esp using hot water...itll be fine in a few months! ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2018, 07:04:45 pm »

NWH

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »
I love that cinema room great idea ,Daz I didn’t realise you that Pikey upright cabinet 😂 I’ve got the landscape 1 I know you’ll say same performance by the landscape 1 is a lot more easier on the eye m8.

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2018, 07:33:29 pm »

my brother has actually got a cinema room similar to that!(to go with his indoor swimming pool)...yep!you guessed it he s NOT a window cleaner! :)