Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr smear

3 dogs and 2 cats. Could be a stinker
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:41:32 pm »
Hi all,
I was hoping for some advice please on the  best way to clean the carpets and what chemicals and deodorisers to use. I have urine x chemical.  I have Premium micosplitter from Amtech, and other traffic lane cleaners, etc. Run out of deodoriser.
There are urine marks to the carpets. they have dogs and cats and it's generally a bit gross. The carpet is a very dark green and only a year old. Its an end of tenancy clean. 
My main concerns are the smell after cleaning and how to  avoid pet stains appearing or wicking up on the carpet that were not obvious before you started.
Many thanks.

Adam Bateup

Re: 3 dogs and 2 cats. Could be a stinker
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 10:34:44 pm »
Premium for amtech uk is a great product and should see you well , should not need deodorising if cleaned well .
I would do a standard clean first then access what’s left . Then move on to stain removal if needed .
If anything wicks back then its up with the carpet and clean underneath .

mr smear

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:49:08 am »
Many thanks Adam.  Helpful  straight forward advice.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 12:28:36 pm »
When dealing with urine it's no good just dealing with the carpet pile. To succesfully remove the the odour you need to get a suitable product in contact with all the urine which may be in the pile, carpet backing, underlay and even the floor below. A waterclaw is a useful bit of kit as it allows you to flood out the carpet and extract nearly all of it back out. One of the best urine products on the market is Unduz iT Unleashed, not cheap but if used properly always gets rid of the odour.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 10:19:21 pm »
You don’t say who has contracted you. Although I’m guessing that 1 week after your initial post these comments might be too late for you.

If it’s the landlord/property management company then although this type of job is time consuming/expensive you should get paid fully providing you “solve the problem”.

However, if it’s the outgoing tenant you may be on a hiding to nothing as they “don’t get” what is involved in this sort of problem where it’s not just dealing with a visual problem but also the odours and hidden problems. Generally outgoing tenants don’t want to spend money solving problems they caused whilst wanting the return of their full deposit.

Good luck. Tell us how you get on.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

mr smear

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:13 pm »
Thanks for helpful replies.
I gave it a very thorough vacuum and brushing. To get up dog hair etc. Rinsed and cleaned. Made sure it dried quick.  And worked quickly to avoid overwetting.
There were no bad smells at all. 
Customer was very happy and paid a nice price.
It could have been a nightmare I think if it was overwetted.
Thanks again.