This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Terry A

solar panel cleaning
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:28:29 am »
I've had a few tips re cleaning solar panels like getting the customer to turn them off during cleaning  and not cleaning them when they are hot due to sunlight.
Has anyone got any further advice?
I've not really given it a great deal of thought in the past.Just  a gentle scrub with water fed pole and that's it.
Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks

Terry.

Smudger

Re: solar panel cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 05:29:22 pm »
Search the window cleaning section for some great threads

Get in touch with “solar Steve” he will train you in the art for 500 notes 👍

There’s so much bull poop on the subject it will make your head spin

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

Re: solar panel cleaning
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 06:45:42 pm »
I've had a few tips re cleaning solar panels like getting the customer to turn them off during cleaning  and not cleaning them when they are hot due to sunlight.
Has anyone got any further advice?
I've not really given it a great deal of thought in the past.Just  a gentle scrub with water fed pole and that's it.
Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks

Terry.

You cannot turn off the panels ,they are always live you can turn off the supply to the property or return the the grid but that won’t stop you getting a shock in the event of a problem with the panels , so far to the best of my knowledge no one has been killed cleaning panels some have had minor shocks solar Steve tried scaremainering saying unless you do his course you will die is utter rubbish I did his course and there is nothing magical about it , caution needs to be taken but we have cleaned many many thousands of panels both domestic and ground mount arrays and never had any problems,