Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Terry Miles

Looking for a business partner
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:22:39 am »
Hi all, new here - My name is Terry and I am in the Kent area, near Dartford - I have been working in the cleaning industry for about 3 years and I have recently set up my own Company - AJT Cleaning - We specialize in EOT cleaning as well as Carpets, Rugs, Sofas, Curtains, builders clean etc.....

We are on the books of approx. 8 estate agents at present. I am getting to the point where I am going to need staff/help and I have advertised but the quality of applicants is just appalling - I have had messages and emails from over 50 people - non of which were any good - for a variety of reasons. Which got me thinking - why not try to find a business partner - someone who will care about the business as much as me - someone else ambitious and wanting to succeed yet have a financial vested interest to really want to make it work.

To date I have spent in the region of £14,000 on a sign written van - equipment - products - leaflets - website etc... and things are going ok - work is on/off but I am covering enough to pay myself a decent wage.

So - if anyone is interesting in entering the field of cleaning but does not want to start up on there own - someone who wants someone else to work and grow with - reply on here or send me a message.

My long term aim is to have a minimum of 5 vans out on the road and 12-15 staff - Who wants to come on the journey with me.

D.safo

Re: Looking for a business partner
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:57:23 am »
Morning Terry,

I appreciate that you wrote this message 5 months ago and therefore the position may have been filled or you may have even changed your mind and the direction of which one may  have intended when you originally posted, that said I came across your message yesterday and was going to respond and then I thought in five months you already may be well on the road to attaining your goal but then woke up this morning and thought what is the harm in asking .

Sorry my name is David, I also run a cleaning company in the Dartford area, we more so specailise in office and comercail cleaning but we have done the odd EOT clean, we too are at a stage where we are serious about growing and developing the brand and business. The company name is Glo Cleaning Service LTD we have been runing for about 4 years, we have two clients on our books but clean 2 different premisses for one client and we clean one premisses for our other client, we have two staff who clean for us weekly, and a pool of about 7 staff whom we can call upon to support in times of need.

Both I and my wife have been working full time during the whole existance of the business, this has made it very challenging to grow the business, that is until last week when i finally bit the bullet and resigned from work with the motive of fully investing myself into the business! This has been one of the biggest decisions I have made but one I do not regret.

I would be keen to hear from you if you still are looking for a business partner and or even just to chat and bounce ideas off of eachother,

I hope to hear back from you.

many thanks
David
info@glocleaning.co.uk
www.glocleaning.co.uk