Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun Gill

DIY Spray Nozzle for Gardiner poles
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:03:44 pm »
Just seen the ionics thread showing the spray nozzle they use for conservatory cleaning. Been using something similar myself for a few years and made it from the parts of an old Gardiner brush I had in the garage.

All you need is the quick release socket, the Fan jets out of the brush and the T Connector. You have to widen the screw holes slightly to take the fan jets. I just drilled them with a similar sized bit to the fan jets.cant remember the size exactly but it’s a 5 minute job to make:

Clips straight on the pole and great for rinsing off Fascias/conservatories etc.

Shaun Gill

Re: DIY Spray Nozzle for Gardiner poles
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 05:04:58 pm »
I also use this for spraying chems from a back pack. If you’ve got an old brush it won’t cost you anything to knock one up and works well.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 05:11:57 pm »
Fan jets aren’t going to be as strong as the Ionics jet sprayer. It’ll be exactly the same as holding your brush over the finials and not scrubbing. I use fan jets and they aren’t powerful enough to blast the crap off

Shaun Gill

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 05:15:30 pm »
Fan jets aren’t going to be as strong as the Ionics jet sprayer. It’ll be exactly the same as holding your brush over the finials and not scrubbing. I use fan jets and they aren’t powerful enough to blast the crap off

I don’t attempt to blast anything off with this, although you’ll be surprised at the power you can get out of them when they are closer together.

I brush whatever I’m cleaning first and then a quick rinse off with this to get rid of the bits that are left after brushing.

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »
I simply use a spray head (whatever they are called) from Da components.
But then my DIY trolley kicks out at 5 lpm.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 06:34:25 pm »
Adapt it for just one fan jet and crank the controller up to full. Your univalve may struggle though. That's what I've done before. Gets right in gutter brackets, finials etc.