This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H MAN

No more cramping on the hands, fingers, wrists or shooting pain through forearms up to shoulders. (NON WAGTAIL SQUEEGEE)
https://youtu.be/QmBV3vEFhaQ

Spruce

Re: So here it is New swivel squeegee in action
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:25:54 am »
The era of horse drawn carriages on our roads in the UK disappeared when motor cars became more and more popular over 100 years ago.
Putting alloy rims on a horse drawn carriage won't make horse drawn carriages popular again. Sorry.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

H MAN

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 07:28:25 am »
The era of horse drawn carriages on our roads in the UK disappeared when motor cars became more and more popular over 100 years ago.
Putting alloy rims on a horse drawn carriage won't make horse drawn carriages popular again. Sorry.
You don't understand how it works?

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:32:59 am »
I'm sure this would be a hit however it's not the 1960's anymore, and that handle is terrible.

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 10:00:45 am »
I'm not sure everyone gets rsi. I eat 3 times a day with similar movements each time but so far have avoided rsi.
Your invention maybe for a very limited percentage of the market that has moved on. It also looks very Heath Robinson. I hope you've not invested heavily into this.
Tony

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 10:03:55 am »

Exactly!

Every time I see you talking about this revolutionary new swivel I watch in disbelief, because I cant fathom out any difference. You are not driving home any reason for anyone to want this product, you really need to get the message across to people  as to why this is better. All I can see you doing is what I do with my wagtail when I sometimes use it (not often).

Maybe you should have gone to the show, you could have shown people why your product is better than the leading products?

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:06:49 am »
Besides, your trying to sell traditional gear to new age WFP window cleaners.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:02:18 pm »
I'm confused.com  ;D ;D

Is the trad/wfp market in your country several years behind the UK?  I'm not necessarily knocking your ability to tinker with things, as I also like to adapt equipment etc,  but we have a vast market and unless specifically identified on your videos as to what differences you are trying to highlight, I'm afraid the message is lost n confusing.
But it's great how you can make your tools work for your needs 👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

H MAN

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 09:42:44 pm »
Not to sure what you mean but did say in video that you can hold/grip handle many different way as your using it.
Also notice the wrist movement is very minimal.
Even though this looks like a Wagtail.
It is different in all ways to it (Wagtail)

(For the other people that do use other swivel squeegees.)
Post a video up.
See if you can emulate the same movement as in video show us how you do it.

H MAN

Re: So here it is New swivel squeegee in action (NON WAGTAIL SQUEEGEE)
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 09:41:25 pm »
All the advantages it has over the others.
First it can take just about any squeegee channel on the market.
(universal clamp)
Has completely different swivel movement to both Wagtail and Moerman.
Keeps even pressure on the squeegee blade no matter what angle you have the handle at.
Handle wise is also designed different, as you can hold /lightly grip many different ways as you using it as seen in video.
Also at the end handle has a Quick- LoQ connection that also take cone shaped connections.
Enabling connect to standard cone or Quick-LoQ pole connections.
Wagtail or Moerman does not do this unless you modify the tips.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 10:04:45 pm »
I totally agree with all the above comments the market for this type of thing is minimal I think h man enjoyes making and modifying things and don’t want to criticise him but most of his ideals are out of date but do work to a lesser or greater degree trad will die to a greater degree just like the chamois leather did it’s only place in a few years will be internal windows , as spruce said we don’t use the horse and cart any more trad will be the same wether we like it or not

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 10:39:24 pm »
I get it, I totally get it. However, it's almost impossible to show by video the difference between this and a wagtail- most people would have to use it to understand it.

I love wagtails, the flipper versions, they have completely removed the need for a ladder inside Two hotels that I clean- this alone has saved a huge amount of hassle and time. The biggest problem with them though is the limitation of movement before the blade loses it's natural/workable angle to the glass. Not too much of an issue by hand as your arm/wrist movement can compensate for the most part but on a pole this becomes critical. H MAN's creation looks like it gives a much wider scope of workable angles with minimal input or movement from the user- which, in turn, would give a far better and easier experience.

Don't discount this kind of tool, my flipper is modified and doesn't require any detailing on 90% of windows. By hand and by pole, they can have so many benefits once you master them!

Comfortably Numb!

H MAN

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 10:42:21 pm »
I totally agree with all the above comments the market for this type of thing is minimal I think h man enjoyes making and modifying things and don’t want to criticise him but most of his ideals are out of date but do work to a lesser or greater degree trad will die to a greater degree just like the chamois leather did it’s only place in a few years will be internal windows , as spruce said we don’t use the horse and cart any more trad will be the same wether we like it or not
Yes totally agree it’s all horse and cart stuff.
Addressed all problems as you have seen.
Can see why people aren’t to keen on trying new ideas anymore the (Wagtail or Moerman have big raps on there squeegees.
People get all excited try them.)
Then it does not work/perform the way they thought it would.
But don’t you think to not make judgement/ criticise till you actually try something?

H MAN

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 10:59:13 pm »
I get it, I totally get it. However, it's almost impossible to show by video the difference between this and a wagtail- most people would have to use it to understand it.

I love wagtails, the flipper versions, they have completely removed the need for a ladder inside Two hotels that I clean- this alone has saved a huge amount of hassle and time. The biggest problem with them though is the limitation of movement before the blade loses it's natural/workable angle to the glass. Not too much of an issue by hand as your arm/wrist movement can compensate for the most part but on a pole this becomes critical. H MAN's creation looks like it gives a much wider scope of workable angles with minimal input, or movement from the user.

Don't discount this kind of tool, my flipper is modified and doesn't require any detailing on 90% of windows. By hand and by pole, they can have so many benefits once you master them!

In this video shows how this squeegee works on a pole.
All you have to do is adjust the squeegee angle via a angle adapter on pole.
Take note of the smooth swivelling.
https://youtu.be/bL2oG7tVXLE

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 11:10:53 pm »

I love wagtails, the flipper versions, they have completely removed the need for a ladder inside Two hotels that I clean- this alone has saved a huge amount of hassle and time. The biggest problem with them though is the limitation of movement before the blade loses it's natural/workable angle to the glass. Not too much of an issue by hand as your arm/wrist movement can compensate for the most part but on a pole this becomes critical. H MAN's creation looks like it gives a much wider scope of workable angles with minimal input, or movement from the user.

In this video shows how this squeegee works on a pole.
All you have to do is adjust the squeegee angle via a angle adapter on pole.
Take note of the smooth swivelling.
https://youtu.be/bL2oG7tVXLE

That's even more impressive HMAN!

Anyone who cleans trad, whether that be houses, inside work, shop/store fronts, shopping centers etc. these tools would save you so much time as well as make the job easier. Don't be put off by what they look like- most of these do look like they belong on a shopping channel !! It took me a month to use my first wagtail- disgusted at how cheap and amateurish it looked! I have a run of bungalows that I clean easier and faster with a flipper than WFP!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 11:11:13 pm »
Yes totally agree it’s all horse and cart stuff.
Addressed all problems as you have seen.
Can see why people aren’t to keen on trying new ideas anymore the (Wagtail or Moerman have big raps on there squeegees.
People get all excited try them.)
Then it does not work/perform the way they thought it would.
But don’t you think to not make judgement/ criticise till you actually try something?

Ime not criticising you just saying that the market for this type of thing is very small and getting smaller by the day there are loads of new wi ndow cleaners who have never used a squeegee and don’t offer this type of service, but I agree it does have its place just a very small one , that’s the way things are now

H MAN

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 11:24:53 pm »
So new WCs don't use squeegees at all?
Only do outsides and will not do insides because they can't use squeegees?
Doesn't that make you a half window cleaner??
At one stage you have to  clean the glass on the inside ?
Don't think using WFP inside house will be to practical.  :o ??? ::)roll :)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 11:28:41 pm »
Do you sell these HMAN?
Comfortably Numb!

Spruce

Re: So here it is New swivel squeegee in action New
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 08:26:49 am »

Exactly!

Every time I see you talking about this revolutionary new swivel I watch in disbelief, because I cant fathom out any difference. You are not driving home any reason for anyone to want this product, you really need to get the message across to people  as to why this is better. All I can see you doing is what I do with my wagtail when I sometimes use it (not often).

Maybe you should have gone to the show, you could have shown people why your product is better than the leading products?

Herman lives in New South Wales in Australia a stones throw (in Ozzie terms) from Mount Panorama Racing Circuit at Bathurst.

Maybe I don't know how it works Herman as I have never used your version. But the era of everyone working trad is over in the UK.  The vast majority of us use wfp 99% of the time. I don't believe that the squeegee will ever become redundant like the chamois leather though. Its still best to clean shop front windows traditionally and I can't see that changing, but thats a small market. In Guisborough 99% of shops use 1 cleaner who is an old man whose has done the job all his life. There's a couple of other who have the odd shop here and there

I honestly don't think the quality of this video presentation does anything to attract anyone to even consider your invention. I know you won't take this personally as I have a lot of respect for you and your DIY efforts. It might be the best swivel action ever but you are focusing your efforts on a diminishing market. To put it bluntly, you are polishing the brass on the Titanic.

Your glory days were your design of the Quickloc system that Gardiners have now got. It was a pity you didn't patient that. You need to be looking at something wfper's need as this is the current 'flavour of the month'.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)