This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Re: Brodex - Raptor Carbon Fibre Poles
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 07:15:14 am »
My understanding is that they have been under new management for a while an worked hard to improve service. I nearly went with them for three van systems but opted for Pure Freedom in the end.

I suspect its the same squad as they're still up to their old tricks of selling poles on reach length instead of actual length, they are a bunch of idiots who never learn from past mistakes.
I looked and the sheet said 5 sections and a closed length of 4.96 feet. It’gonna be 25 foot with a brush on the end I would think.

Does the closed length also include brush head?  If so the brush head can't be multipled by 5 only the pole sections minus overlap.   So maybe it's a 25ft reach when held.
I'd assume it doesn't include the brush head?

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 09:31:14 am »
My understanding is that they have been under new management for a while an worked hard to improve service. I nearly went with them for three van systems but opted for Pure Freedom in the end.

I suspect its the same squad as they're still up to their old tricks of selling poles on reach length instead of actual length, they are a bunch of idiots who never learn from past mistakes.
I looked and the sheet said 5 sections and a closed length of 4.96 feet. It’gonna be 25 foot with a brush on the end I would think.

Does the closed length also include brush head?  If so the brush head can't be multipled by 5 only the pole sections minus overlap.   So maybe it's a 25ft reach when held.

Look at the spec sheet, it says reach length, anybody who's ever bought a Brodex pole will have been caught out by this,
the hydra alloy 25ft was actually around 22ft in true length.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:14 am »

Look at the spec sheet, it says reach length, anybody who's ever bought a Brodex pole will have been caught out by this,

Yep agree.  The closed length probably includes the brush as the closed length is to help determine if the pole will fit in your vehicle without having to remove neck and brush each time
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Cookie

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 02:17:59 pm »
Brodex unfortunately will never be able to shake off the bad reputation they built up for themselves.

If they're under new management & they're trying to improve customer service I don't understand why they don't re-brand & give themselves a new name.

The actual equipment looks quite good on their website - although the Google reviews don't seem to be as good as those of other WFP suppliers. If I was based around Liverpool I might just give them a shot.

Sounds like you could get drawn into their vortex Cookie.  Careful, once you are drawn in its a downward spiral. You aren't an employee of Brodex by any chance are you?  ;D

No connection with Brodex - never bought anything from them. I think I may have called them in 2014 re: a quote for a new system but I went DIY in the end.

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 11:44:22 pm »

They are 25ft but you have to allow for sinking 3ft through concrete flags when holding one.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 08:32:06 am »
i for one will be sticking with gardiners......they simply make the best poles coupled with excellent customer service...no need to go anywhere else.....
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 08:39:12 am »
i for one will be sticking with gardiners......they simply make the best poles coupled with excellent customer service...no need to go anywhere else.....
I tend to agree. But they still haven’t fixed the clamp gluing issue. The clamps themselves are very good.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 08:44:08 am »
ive not had a clamp come loose for over 5 years now........theyve defo improved this side of things....
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 08:49:07 am »
I tend to agree. But they still haven’t fixed the clamp gluing issue. The clamps themselves are very good.

Problem solved. Honest.

https://tinyurl.com/y9fdconb

John Mart

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 08:56:34 am »

Problem solved. Honest.

Does it require mixing once squirted?

Soupy

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 09:33:10 am »

Problem solved. Honest.

Does it require mixing once squirted?

That's what she said.

No. It's got a mixing tube that you attach. You're best to do bunch of stuff at the same time because the tubes are a one shot deal.

It glues lots of stuff though. I used it to re-attach a broken wing mirror and it's held for two years+

Soupy