Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: TDS reading
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 05:52:20 pm »
Spruce are you saying I should be having  the same about of waste as what goes into the tank, ie 50/50, usually I have been having about 90% going into the tank with just a trickle of waste but I wasn’t using 30 meters of micro ball back then , I was just running a couple of feet of half inch?

Yes
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 06:04:35 pm »
But if you have a TDS of 70 with an R.O. you don't need to buy resin.

I have a TDS of 300 and product water is 8.

maybe not but you ve still got to buy an RO,membranes,pre filters,etc and if your on a water meter extra water costs too...even if it cost you a bit more using a DI only system.itd be worth it for convenience alone......you can purify 500L in 30 mins then get on with the rest of your day.......great....
When you getting your RO then Daz?  ;D

im not!i have a tap tds of 029 normally but its risen to 047 lately but no plans for an RO.....i couldnt be arsed with the faff....... ;D.

i use 3 bags of resin a year...it would cost me more if i had an RO(im on a water meter).....even if it was cheaper  id still use DI only for the ease of use alone!
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 06:33:09 pm »
You'll love it, then you won't, then you will... ;D

jonny thompson

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 07:33:35 pm »
Do you have waste water with a di set up

Bungle

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 07:57:34 pm »
Do you have waste water with a di set up

No waste with a DI setup. How long have you been using an RO Jonny? I know you've been going for years and I can't work out how you seem to not be able to work out a problem with your RO. How old and how many litres have gone through the membrane? Is the RO in your van? Or do you transfer from a tank at home? Is it a 40/40? I'm in Monkspath tomorrow if you want to chat. I'd show you my setup but as you know I'm miles away.
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 07:59:32 pm »
If your tap DI is only 070 have you thought of double DI and get an IBC holding tank with auto shut off and just transfer your pure straight to the van?
We look at them, they look through them.

jonny thompson

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 08:23:19 pm »
I’ve always used a ro mate, and it’s in the van , I’m in Dorridge tomorrow but will travel back about 4 pm probably to late for you part timer😀

alank

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 08:34:58 pm »
I'm di only just fill my tank from mains water when I finish,I don't bother with a holding tank or Ibc. I have a di vessel before each hose reel a very easy set up.