This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

How the hell do they make a living?
« on: June 25, 2006, 11:03:16 am »
HI Guy's

I was talking to another wc the other day,and the subject on collecting from customers that are not home came up.
I was gobb smacked when he told me, that if they were not at home he didn't do them. how the hell can you make a living like that? I didn't ask him as I just wanted to get away from him, he looked a really rough guy, and one I had not seen in the area before.

I do suspect he is one of the beer and fAg brigade, or maybe a summer wc.
I have the odd customer I don't like, and when I get there, and there not home, I love it, do the Job, leave my ticket, and scarper quike before they get home, and then wait for the cheque to arrive.

Do any of you guy's leave any of your jobs, when the customer is out. if so why? I think the only one's I leave, is down to access problems, sometimes I forget to Text or phone. but correct this by the next day
and complete the Job.

Sir Squeaky

Re: How the hell do they make a living?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 11:19:42 am »
Too right!

The only ones I do, are the ones who will always send a cheque.

I probably only have to collect about 2 houses a year....and I make sure they're around the corner.

Go to work, come home, think about it in the morning, that's me.

No collections, nothing to fill in, no wfp......easy life. ;)

jinky230

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:10:49 pm »
sweeky you are the envy of this forum, we just have not realised it yet

jinky

macc

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 12:21:33 pm »
sweeky you are the envy of this forum, we just have not realised it yet

jinky

As long as he does not fall off his ladder.  :-X

Stay safe Squeaky, it wouldnt be the same with out you slating wfp.  ;)

macc

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:40:34 pm »

I was speaking to a local window cleaner in the pub last night, he only charges
  £2.50 for 3 bed houses in our village. He bought the round off a window cleaner
  who has had the round for years and never put the prices up.

Told him he was stupid and to put his prices up but he won't because he doesn't
  want to loose any customers  ??? ???

Doug

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 06:51:23 am »

I was speaking to a local window cleaner in the pub last night, he only charges
  £2.50 for 3 bed houses in our village. He bought the round off a window cleaner
  who has had the round for years and never put the prices up.

Told him he was stupid and to put his prices up but he won't because he doesn't
  want to loose any customers  ??? ???

Doug

The two old guy's I got my round off, were charging silly prices, and it took me years to get the price up to atleast a good level, without loosing any customers, for these two guy's it was pocket money, although a well run business.