This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shaunjames

Backpack equipment
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:35:24 pm »
I still need some help from you guys about what equipment to get for my backpack, i've been through the archives and it's still bloody confusing. Basically money is tight. I think iv'e been able to narrow it down to either an unger optiloc pole or one of gardiners poles. Is the unger pole ok to begin with, i get the impression, one of the main advantages is it can be broken down into different lengths, was going to buy 30 footer. Can it handle being used at 25-30 foot. Can one get a gooseneck for it. Viking brush seems to be popular, will this fit unger pole. Hoses, microfibre this and that diameter, god its confusing.
Does anybody know of a supplier that will supply everthing instead of having to shop around, and is there a backpack user who can give me a good definitive list and set up that is proven for using backpack, idiot proof ::)
Cheers
Shaun

Re: Backpack equipment
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:52:44 pm »
Shaun,

I've used two different types of pole, an Ionic 18' fibre-glass pole and the Unger poles.

Unger are far better; lighter too; with the back pack because your pole hose is outside of the pole, so you get extra reach without having to move the backpack.

Black Ionic pole hose is excellent too, since it's easy to 'nip' when you want to stop the pump pumping.

I use an Ionic brush head but I guess a 10" Vikan would be ideal.

Also a 100 gallon RO/DI would provide you with more water than you could possibly use.

One or two 200 litre water butts would be fine and around five 25 litre barrels.

I'm not going to google the links up for you, but I'm sure you can do that.

Good luck!

Oh, and you can purchase a backpack from E-Bay from the USA for around £140 plus around £30 VAT and UK delivery; so about £170 in total.

master cleaner

Re: Backpack equipment
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:29:22 am »
hi shaun if you buy a vikan brush make sure you take the red strip around the edge off otherwise you will leave red marks on the pvc , it is simple to do just cut the red rubber with a knife and peel it of like peeling an orange

gary