This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: yellowing frames.......
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 09:06:18 am »
Its your hot water, anything above 50% degrees effects Unplasticised PVC, time for your customers to sue.

https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=770

We use water a lot hotter than 50 degrees and haven’t got any customers with yellowing windows or any other plastics for that matter and have been flat out with gfs cleans over the last few weeks

Plenty of people get away with things they shouldnt be doing, its there to read in the link, you shouldnt be putting water on UPVC frames thats above 50degrees,

its nothing to do with using hot water to clean windows and frames sean.absolutely not....... 8)

You keep on telling yourself that Dazmond, I wonder what your customers would think if they found out you where cleaning their windows with water hotter than the recommend level.

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 09:18:45 am »
But Surely it’d make all of his customers window frames yellow not just some?

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 09:54:57 am »
But Surely it’d make all of his customers window frames yellow not just some?

The age and quality of the frames would also make a difference, an old or poor quality frame isnt going to be able to take the
abuse that a newer or better quality frame would, the first UPVC frames manufactured  had a habbit of going yellow due to uv from the sun but this was quickly rectified and it would be very rare to see it today.
If he's seeing this with a number of customers then it can only be something he is doing and hot water is the only logical answer.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »
its only a few jobs with yellowing frames and its the south facing sides on the houses so i conclude it is indeed the strong sunshine thats causing it. ;)

sean k would LOVE IT IF IT WAS MY HOT WATER TO BLAME!! :D :D

....but alas.....ITS NOT!! 8)

my water was red hot today...i couldnt even put my hand under it.....great for the large first clean i did first thing though.... :)
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 04:42:29 pm »
its only a few jobs with yellowing frames and its the south facing sides on the houses so i conclude it is indeed the strong sunshine thats causing it. ;)

sean k would LOVE IT IF IT WAS MY HOT WATER TO BLAME!! :D :D

....but alas.....ITS NOT!! 8)

my water was red hot today...i couldnt even put my hand under it.....great for the large first clean i did first thing though.... :)

Get a grip Dazmond, I think you're a fool for wasting your money on nonsense but I wouldnt like to see you damage your hard earned business because of it.
I have no interest in hot because I dont need it, the fact that it shouldnt be used on UPVC above 50degrees makes no difference
to that decision.

dd

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 05:58:33 pm »
I am sure hot water cleans better, but

1. It does cause added complications (hose, fittings, brushes, batteries, possibility of thermal shock cracking glass)
2. Seems reasonable that it could cause some discolouration to  some upc frames if used very hot.
3. Personally I would not like to use it on wooden windows.
4. The obvious issue of cost

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 06:41:25 pm »

1. It does cause added complications (hose, fittings, brushes, batteries, possibility of thermal shock cracking glass)
2. Seems reasonable that it could cause some discolouration to  some upc frames if used very hot.
1.its possible to crack glass yes but its very rare.....its usually if the glass already has a hairline crack....just buy hot water hose,stiff bristle brushes and double clip some hoses....
2.hot water does NOT discolour frames.....
3.i use it on wooden windows no problem.
4.yes it costs more than cold but its much nicer to work with winter or summer plus no worries about your gear freezing in the van and breaking(frost stat feature)during the colder months....

JandS

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 07:18:45 pm »
How do you get it so hot...take it you heat it after the pump?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

robert mitchell

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 07:33:46 pm »
How do you get it so hot...take it you heat it after the pump?

Pump -heater - hose reel
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 07:56:20 pm »

Clean is clean so hot will never clean better than clean, it will clean quicker if you are getting a lot of stuff on the glass that the
hot water will dissolve but for most that wont be the case.
There are three types of hot user,
(1) The havent a clue faffer who keeps on buying the latest brush, gadget and snake oil because no matter what they use they are never happy.
(2) The hobby shiner who measures their level of success by the amount of expensive gadgets they have in their van.
(3) Guys who do filthy one off jobs or work at the coast and so on who are contantly removing large amounts of crud and  actually do need it.
The majority on here fall into one and two.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 09:29:57 pm »

1.its possible to crack glass yes but its very rare.....its usually if the glass already has a hairline crack....just buy hot water hose,stiff bristle brushes and double clip some hoses....
4.yes it costs more than cold but its much nicer to work with winter or summer plus no worries about your gear freezing in the van and breaking(frost stat feature)during the colder months....
How do you know it's not hot water discoluring frames Dazmond??

I use cold have not noticed any problems with discoluring and my round has loads of white upvc!

Splash & dash

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 10:12:18 pm »

How do you know it's not hot water discoluring frames Dazmond??

I use cold have not noticed any problems with discoluring and my round has loads of white upvc!

We clean hundreds of windows each week with very hot water we haven’t experienced any discolouration at all

Karl McGrath

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »
ive noticed more and more of my customers white UPVC frames turning yellow in places over the last month or two......

any ideas lads?....im thinking it must be the strong sunshine?i dunno.........

i know one thing WFP wont shift the yellowing at all...... ::)roll

Hi are you cleaning windows in the traditional way or are you using wfp ?

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 06:05:26 pm »
ive noticed more and more of my customers white UPVC frames turning yellow in places over the last month or two......

Dazmondo is the king of wfp  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2018, 11:51:12 am »

I'm 100% trad.do you think it's  my green fairy washing up liquid that's causing it? ???

Johnny B

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 01:17:04 pm »

I'm 100% trad.do you think it's  my green fairy washing up liquid that's causing it? ???

Could be that Dazmond. Use the blue  one and you won't have any problems! 😂

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.